Call Block or do not call number

Status
Not open for further replies.

ruben23

Jun 6, 2019
Hi,

I have an Inbound routes to a DID# on my fusionPBX, where it goies to an IVR then there is an option to press 2 if you dont want to bew called anymore, so this caller CID number should be added on the fusionPBX as call block number, anyone can suggest how do i execute this process, Thanks a lot

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Call block is designed to block incoming calls coming into your system, not the other way around.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Would certainly be a nice feature to have for outbound call centers.. perhaps Mark can take a second look at this since the code has already been submitted.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
Sounds to me like you could have an Outbound Route that plays a recording like "This customer has requested to not be called".

You would definitely need something to store the numbers requested, and update the outbound route though...

If you emailed out the caller ID number to an admin like "please block xxxxx number", then this outbound route could be manually updated.
If the "call block" requests are low, this could be done by a person.

1561345406001.png

At least this option would be all stock Fusion for those less programming savvy.

Reactions: Kenny Riley

ruben23

Jun 6, 2019
@JamesBorne

The process is incoming calls to IVR have option to press 2 so they will not be called anymore and aside from this we need to have this on records so we know what are this numbers somehow, can you explain a bit further your procedure, new to fusionPBX sorry

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
I would imagine you would need some sort of custom coding implemented to export out the caller ID of the person who's pressing 2 on your IVR to a CSV file of some sort so that they can be manually added to the outbound route that James mentioned.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
I'm trying really hard not to offer coding, but if it was me, I would leap to do similar to what @Kenny Riley mentioned haha.

In your case @ruben23, I would send calls from option 2 to a new Dialplan entry (with a random extension number) and do something similar to this to send out an email.
1561524498018.png

hamagid

Dec 14, 2020
I'm trying to send a email using the above method and i get the following error:

[ERR] mod_lua.cpp:202 ...are/freeswitch/scripts/resources/functions/send_mail.lua:240: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got string)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
...are/freeswitch/scripts/resources/functions/send_mail.lua:240: in function 'send_mail'
/usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/email.lua:64: in main chunk

Status
Not open for further replies.