Call Centre Queue Priority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Birch

Mar 16, 2017
I am working on setting up a client with Call Centres on FusionPBX 4.4.6. Am considering moving them to latest version if it makes this easier.

Calls will initially go to an IVR. If they press 1 I want it to go to one queue, staying on the line sends them to another queue.

Is there a way to prioritize the calls on one of the queues so they get answered first?

Thanks

jeetz

Oct 15, 2019
@Robert Birch did you find any thing yet? I am looking for something similar.

For example 4 calls on wallboard waiting to be answered, I add 5th call since its priority is high, 5th calls queue to be answered becomes 1st. Meaning it will be answered 1st and rest 4 calls will be later as served

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
This is relatively basic Call Centre, so I haven't found anything that'll work for Priority calls.
If someone has a good solution, that would be great.
Some of the things that it lacks are: Priority, ability for agents to switch Queues easily and Follow-Me.

These are just ideas and/or from some of my installs.
Create a new Queue called Priority.
Then in Inbound Route added condition caller_id_number customer_number to route to that Queue.
Added prefix to the Queue if the Agent is not looking at Wallboard and also added BLF of that Queue on the phone for visual indication.
It will place that call first in that queue, so it acts somewhat as priority.
As to how fast the call is answered if there are 5 calls waiting on another queue with same agents, can't really say.
Alternatively, you could create a Queue that just plays music for 10ish seconds without agents as a regular Queue then goes into a Queue with agents. Each call would be in "limbo" for that time, whereas the Priority one would not.
You could aslo utilize Tier list so that some agents receive calls before others and use those as primary in the Priority.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
You will need to set the cc_base_score for the caller.

From my understanding it works like this for every second a caller is a queue they get 1 point. Let's say you have an agent answering calls for 3 queue's.

Caller 1 has been waiting for 7 minutes = Score of 420
Caller 2 has been waiting for 2 minutes = Score of 120
Caller 3 has been waiting for 1 minute = Score of 60

Then a new caller enters one of the "priority" queue's and you immediately set the base score as 300. This user will then jump above caller 2 and 3 but not caller 1.

I use this for matching some VIP client callerID's and putting them to the front of every queue.

Reactions: cemotyz09
Status
Not open for further replies.