Cannot make any outbound calls (including internal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtolley050

Apr 21, 2020
Hi all,

I've tried to get my head around this all day now. I've successfully made external inbound calls to the pbx and they work (hurrah).

However, I cannot make any outbound calls anywhere. I'm really quite confused with the outbound routes, I've come from understanding Asterisk to this and the expressions make absolutely no sense to me (that probably means I've thoughly misunderstood them).

I've followed the Youtube videos from the Fusionpbx wiki and created an outbound route. I'm still strugging however how this route is then assigned to an extension??

I'm completely lost. Every outbound call I try to make gets me a 480 error. :(

This is sat on a VPS with OVH. I've successfully ran FreePBX on there before. I feel like I'm close but completely lost at the same time.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• fusion issue.PNG
    fusion issue.PNG
    211.6 KB · Views: 24

rtolley050

Apr 21, 2020
Ah... Right, I sort of have something working but I'm the other way around now.

Public inbound calls DONT work but internal do...

I read this https://www.pbxforums.com/threads/outbound-calls-fail.595/ and decided to see what would happen if I deny both lan and domains on Access Control. After this, internal calls work as do external outbound... But no inbound anymore!

This is in the log after attempting an external inbound call:

You must define a domain called '{pbx-ip}' in your directory and add a user with the id="{my-sip-trunk-user}" attribute
and you must configure your device to use the proper domain in its authentication credentials.

If I add my pbx ip to Access Control, internal and outbound calls don't work... :/

rtolley050

Apr 21, 2020
Right okay, so how come by default it had my pbx public IP in a domain node?

I've deleted all entries in both lan an domains and added my sip provider to the domain CIDR. I can call extensions and public outbound but still no inbound.

So this is a VPS straight out to the internet. There was a lan entry with a private IP (fresh from the install) that I'm pretty sure isn't relevant. Is there any reason I should keep that there?

I feel like I'm close to working but obviously not close enough.... Any ideas?

Trunk is registered, it's hitting Fusion but rejecting. I can see it's sending an invite on 5060 (as I'd expect) but my external profile is on 5080. Is that a possible cause here??

Attachments

• fusion issue 2.PNG
    fusion issue 2.PNG
    157.7 KB · Views: 12

rtolley050

Apr 21, 2020
Not sure if it's relevant but when looking at the call in sngrep the call state is rejected and in the call flow is 403 Forbidden.

fusionpbxuser888

Jan 6, 2018
You are not the only one having problems. My current situation is no outbound calls, get 480. The auto-setup put my FQDN in the domains as allowed. I added my flowroute pop's IPs by CIDR and that allowed incoming calls to work. Extensions register on the internal profile, gateway registers on external profile (port 5080).

I have been running a 3 year old install of Fusionpbx on Debian 8 with no problems. The new install was done fresh on Debian 10 on March 30th 2020. I'm starting to think GIT version does not work (as a new install).

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Latest Git does work on 4.5. Debian 10 behavior keeps changing so doesn't seem super stable currently suggest Debian 9. Debian 10's path is wrong at least on some versions of Debian 10 so ifconfig, service and iptalbes commands don't work by default. I did temporarily update the path to get around that issue for the FusionPBX install. That missing path did break the install for a bit until I added it to the install script.

rtolley050

Apr 21, 2020
I’m at the point of reinstalling so I may try Debian 9 or Ubuntu.

I’m wasn't building it for production, more of a test for the time being but I’ll try again!

fusionpbxuser888

Jan 6, 2018
Latest Git does work on 4.5. Debian 10 behavior keeps changing so doesn't seem super stable currently suggest Debian 9. Debian 10's path is wrong at least on some versions of Debian 10 so ifconfig, service and iptalbes commands don't work by default. I did temporarily update the path to get around that issue for the FusionPBX install. That missing path did break the install for a bit until I added it to the install script.

Hi Mark. Thanks for the reply. I apologize for my accusation, but I was just concerned that your continuous development essentially means that Fusionpbx is alpha (nightly development) software unless one installs v4.4 -- I wondered if perhaps you don't have a chance to test new installs from the GIT version very often. But I'm glad to hear you do test it.

I had no problem with the installer working on March 30th -- the installer really is very impressive. I feel that I'm just an inch away from it working perfectly but nothing I've tried has gotten me there yet.

We owe you much thanks for your free software!

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
I get your concern. However reality is working out differently than your assumption. 4.4 is less stable lower quality code, more security risk, less features and more bugs. Follow me does not work well on 4.4. For these reasons new installs are using 4.5 by default. 4.5 is two years ahead of 4.4. It is ironic that fear of instability is actually keeping some people on a less stable version of FusionPBX. 4.4 is the less stable version I could list many reasons why but I have other work to do so I will skip a more detailed list.

Same complaint could be said to most phone manufacturers, router and switch manufacturers that put out firmware with running releases. People still use these products? Are there a lot of them like this? I know several major vendors that this is business as usual. Do you complain to them? If some of the most popular equipment uses software like this how do they keep a stable system? Testing is the answer. It isn't safe to get new firmware for phone and then roll it out on all customer phones safest thing to do is test everything your customer do on the phone if it works well then roll it out to customers. If it doesn't either try a different version or submit tickets to get things fixed.

rtolley050

Apr 21, 2020
So I've just re-ran the install on Debian 9. I've reaplied the same settings as I had in the last install and it's all good. Calls in and out.

Must say, in the past couple of hours of this working, I'm really impressed and there is so much good potential.

Thanks guys

fusionpbxuser888

Jan 6, 2018
So I've just re-ran the install on Debian 9. I've reaplied the same settings as I had in the last install and it's all good. Calls in and out.

Must say, in the past couple of hours of this working, I'm really impressed and there is so much good potential.

Thanks guys

Thanks for coming back to report that, rtolley. At least I'll stop banging my head against the wall on Debian 10 and decide what I want to do next.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
There is absolutely nothing wrong with Debian 10, for the life of me I cannot understand why mark is recommending you install onto an OS that goes end of life very soon. I don't understand what the problems are you are seeing but if its anything to do with ifconfig etc just run:
Code:
apt install net-tools
Before you run the installer.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
I didn't say Debian 10 wasn't possible to use but I have seen issues with it. What I have been seeing is some variety of things that act different on different systems running Debian 10.x minor version. Do those issues make it impossible to use? no. Will those things make more people have questions. yes... Problems... maybe. Debian 9 I don't see any variations it works the same whether it Debian 9.x or any other minor versions all act the same. Debian 9.x for this reason feels more stable... no surprises and just works. I've been using `apt install net-tools` since Debian 10 came out not new to me. I did have to repair the install for recent changes to Debian 10 that weren't needed in earlier minor versions of Debian 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.