SOLVED Outbound calls fail

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
Hello,

I am just playing around with a new install of FusionPBX I did the other day, giving it a bit of a test drive. I created a sub-account in my VoIP.ms, and I have a gateway registered. I have created an extension and I have my softphone (Zoiper) registered to it. I can make internal calls to another extension I created.

I followed the steps in the FreePBX docs to create an outbound route. I chose "10 digit long distance" but I also tried just "North America" too. Under "Advanced > Access Controls", I added the IP address of the VoIP.ms gateway I am using (made sure to put '/32') to the "domains" configuration.

When I attempt to call out, I get a message saying "The number you are calling is temporarily unavailable"

I have looked through the log and located the info for my call, but I can't see it giving any actual reason for the call failure. I am guessing you would need to see the log of the call, which I am happy to provide, but wanted to see if it is here I would post it, or should I upload it somewhere instead and provide a link to it here?

Thanks! :)

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I'm travelling today but will come back to you later, you do not need voipms in the acl if you are registering by the way.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
So resurrecting this thread several months later as I am taking another look at FusionPBX. I ran into this same issue when I setup my test system, but I found the problem: I did not fill in the "Call Limit" value. I put "1" in there and was able to make outbound calls.

Just updating it for future seekers :)

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
I can't see how a call-limit would fix your issue......

My thought at the time was that no value = 0 calls allowed to be made? It started working after I put a value in there, so I figured that was the fix. If it wasn't, then the issue just mysteriously fixed itself, which is troubling.

cecubo

Sep 5, 2019
Spain
The solution that SilkBC worked for me.

In my case, I set up an outbound route for the "primary domain" of my FusionPBX install and it worked just fine.

I then added a second domain, copied the Outbound Route and changed the domain and context, but extensions in the second domain could not call out.

So I set up a new Out Bound route for the second domain using same conditions and gateway. Still no outbound calls.

I finally came across this thread, and thought I'd give it a try.
I set up another route for the second domain with same conditions as those that had previously failed, and included a limit of 100.
Extensions from the second domain can now make outbound calls.

Before I came across this thread, it just looked to me (haven't touched FS in years) like the outgoing calls just were just staying in the internal profile's dialplan (Checking for feature codes, etc) but the "dialplan regexp" was never checked.

Thanks for posting your solution SilkBC, I had bee going crazy crawling over the freeswitch logs.

tmediassembly

Aug 14, 2020
Do you mean go to:
Dial Plan Manager -> call-limit
Set Data value to: 1

Screenshot attached.

Attachments

• call_limit1.PNG
    call_limit1.PNG
    133.8 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.