Can't get voicemail to email working

Status
Not open for further replies.

trey168

Apr 14, 2020
I converted our PBX from FreePBX to FusionPBX the other day and I'm down to one last issue... can't get voicemails to go to email.

-I'm using SendGrid, I've added the correct SMTP settings into the defaults
-If I go to the Email Log, I don't see any entries.
-If I click Test from the Email Log, it succeeds and I receive the test email
-Voicemail is enabled and working
-My extension has my email address configured and is set to send the audio attachment

In the /tmp directory I don't see any logs relating to emails after leaving a voicemail nor a logfile called mailer-app.log

While running fs_cli I found the following line after I leave a voicemail: 2020-04-22 13:48:16.432788 [DEBUG] switch_utils.c:1298 Emailed file [/tmp/mail.1587581295ecce] to [MYEMAILADDRESS@SITE.COM] (email redacted)

When I login to SendGrid I can see the test emails but I don't see anything on that end showing the voicemail emails tried to make it that far.

This has me completely stumped as I can't find any log entry pointing me to why it is failing and I don't understand why the Test email is working and voicemail to email isn't.

Thanks in advance!

trey168

Apr 14, 2020
Nobody has anything? Sucks because Fusion is working great for us... I don’t want to have to go back to FreePBX over this small issue.
Any help pinpointing this would be greatly appreciated.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Ok dumb question, in the log snippet above are you using [MYEMAILADDRESS@SITE.COM] to obscure your email address or is that actually what you see in the logs?

I've had a lot of intermittent trouble with voicemail to email but its usually due to the lua script that does transcription messing up. Do you have transcription running? Also maybe try a different SMTP provider and see if it works then??

Other than that I'm thinking you need to do a packet capture to see if its actually sending anything. Unfortunately the mail logging (in my experience) is almost non existent.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
To further expand on Len's answer, the php version Fusionpbx installs (if a recent install) is either 7.1 or 7.3 depending on Debian release.
Both 7.1 and 7.3 work as expected. If your system already had PHP or perhaps PHP was upgraded, you could have multiple PHP versions.

I just confirmed on a test server that PHP 7.4 seems to break the automatic sending of emails. The behavior is test emails will work if SMTP settings are correct since those emails are sent via PHP-fpm using the versions Fusionpbx installed but voicemail to email, fax to email, and missed call notifications do not seem to attempt sending.

If you run "php -v" from the command line and the version number is different than what Fusionpbx GUI shows on Status>System Status then you need to update which CLI version is used by default.
update-alternatives --set php /usr/bin/php7.3
or
update-alternatives --set php /usr/bin/php7.1

trey168

Apr 14, 2020
Sorry for the delay, been working on some other projects.

Fusion reports the PHP version is 7.1.33-14
"php -v" reports version 7.4.4

I'll run that command late tonight after we close and post an update. Looks like a promising lead, sure appreciate the help everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.