SOLVED custom hold music oddity

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Incoming call to simultaneous ring group > picked up - call put on hold (gets default fusion hold music) put call on park (gets correct tenant custom hold music) - pick call back up from park, put on hold (now gets correct tenant custom hold music)

very odd, can recreate consistently, the only way to get the correct custom hold music when a call is put in hold, is to put it on park and retrieve, then when put on hold it gets the correct custom music

anyone seen this before?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Park dial plan has it's own hold music variable.
There is also a "default hold music" variable set early in the dial plan, then each user can have hold music set differently.

If you don't have a dial plan to set the domain level music on hold before the dial plans created by ring groups, the system default variable will be used.
You should have a dial plan named "domain variables" or similar near the top of "dial plan manager" Add a line to set your custom hold music there.
eg: action set hold_music=local_stream://my.domain.com/mycustomMOH and set "inline" to true.

Here is an example of one of ours:
1684442451660.png

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Park dial plan has it's own hold music variable.
There is also a "default hold music" variable set early in the dial plan, then each user can have hold music set differently.

If you don't have a dial plan to set the domain level music on hold before the dial plans created by ring groups, the system default variable will be used.
You should have a dial plan named "domain variables" or similar near the top of "dial plan manager" Add a line to set your custom hold music there.
eg: action set hold_music=local_stream://my.domain.com/mycustomMOH and set "inline" to true.

Here is an example of one of ours:
View attachment 3416
thanks @ad5ou I will give this a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.