Extensions cannot make calls to the USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

revopbx

Oct 8, 2020
Hello, I have a very strange problem. I have several extensions from 100 to 180. A gateway and 3 outgoing routes, of those 3 routes, one is for local calls in my country, the other for international calls and another specifically for calls to the USA. Everything was working fine until suddenly the calls to the USA stopped working. Create an extension 201 and if I can call from there, create several 202, 203, 204 and they all worked fine. I realized that no extension of the range 100-180 can call but the 200 can. Any idea what is happening? In the logs I do not see anything strange, the rejection of the call is congestion.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
It's probable that your carrier doesn't like you claiming to be that number, perhaps the outbound number isn't correct? Is the carrier rejecting it or the PBX? You should be able to tell from the CDR detail.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Could be a codec mismatch. Sometimes a phone might have G722 at the top of its order and won't negotiate down or vice versa. Check the logs.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
You might have to speak to your carrier to get to the bottom of it, 'congestion' ends up being a bit of a catch all error for carriers. They might not like a singular header. You might want to provide them with a SIP trace (tshark, tcpdump, etc) of a failed call to smooth things along a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.