fax setup question

yaboc

Member
Nov 23, 2017
104
8
18
35
hi,

I have did from flowroute which is t38 enabled. Inbound fax works (when number destination is set to fax server), but how would i go about using it as a shared voice/fax line? Should i set fax server as first destination and ext as second?
Also outbound fax from fspbx get stuck on sending and eventually fails. I'm testing it with cocofax free tier.
 
Last edited:
I find you can use FusionPBX fax interface and just make sure you have your modems setup to start slow, then find a fax speed that works.

I've also tested over flowroute, works... depending on how many minutes you should look at others carriers.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yaboc
I find you can use FusionPBX fax interface and just make sure you have your modems setup to start slow, then find a fax speed that works.

I've also tested over flowroute, works... depending on how many minutes you should look at others carriers.
im using FSPBX so not sure if the interface is the same as in FusionPBX but there's not much in there to specify fax speed and other settings. this is probably a place in Default Settings page. I thought FSPBX tries different setting combinations to send fax, so it looks like it fails all of them. i'm testing it with cocofax.comTc which is an efax service.
 
Advanced > Default Settings > FAX

If your provider supports t.38, enable that feature.

Otherwise, I see no way to set fax speed via the GUI.

On FusionPBX they show a way to do some manual XML programming to set some variables and also insure that the fax transmits at PCMU instead of G.722.

Since FSPBX has rewritten the fax interface, I think you should wait for @pbxgeek to get his guidance on the situation.
 
One more thought: Set up a second gateway to your provider and an outbound route with non-dial-plan-conflicting prefix digits like 9900. Set the new gateway CODEC to PCMU only. Then you can dial 9900 + the number you want to fax to. I haven't tried this since my provider supports T.38 protocol.