Freeswitch 1.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
People installing it on Stretch are reporting callcenter will not start.

On Debian 10 so far it looks like everything is started and also on Raspberry Pi4 too.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
The installer script as it is now will fail I think. I had to make a couple of mods for myself. mcrane may have fixed it by now. As to whether it will work flawlessly, who knows, that's what testing brings.

elkato

Feb 25, 2017
Installed fusion now on Debian 9, and FW 1.10 installed by default.
http://files.freeswitch.org/repo/deb/freeswitch-1.8 (FS 1.8 repo) is containing FS 1.10 files?

Check that. Is that right?
https://files.freeswitch.org/repo/deb/freeswitch-1.8/dists/stretch/main/binary-amd64/Packages
Package: freeswitch
Version: 1.10.0~release~11~7a921c608b~stretch-1~stretch+1
Architecture: amd64
Maintainer: FreeSWITCH Solutions, LLC <support@freeswitch.com>
Installed-Size: 2660

In that case, how can be FS 1.8 forced to be installed on Debian 9?
Thanks in advance!

Regards

Last edited:

magnusemail

Aug 12, 2019
Yes - suffering from same issue, FS appears to now require Buster and so far I have not been able to correctly get Fusion installed and FS running, either as prior version or V1.10 on Buster. Tantalising I see mention that its possible and would be very grateful for a mini-how-to to achieve the same if possible. Thanks Magnus

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
After a rough start I was able to finally have a stable system:

- Debian 10 (Buster)
- Freeswitch 1.10.1.
- FusionPBX: 4.4.10.

This is my very bias advise for a system that is not yet in production:

- Install the stable FusionPBX. Do not install from Master.
- Install all freeswitch packages, not only a selected few. I know, I know. You are buying the whole supermarket to prepare a salad but it was only until then that I had a system stable for more than a day. Chances are only one or two packages were missing but I have no clue what they are.

Better yet, go through the install script. Edit it to your needs and then run it. Blindly running the script is convenient but you have no idea what is going on.

------------------------------
All that being said.... do not follow any of that, just look at @DigitalDaz coment below! On this I trust him way more than I do trust myself. I am just leaving the comment so people can have a laugh on me..... enjoy!

Last edited:

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
lol.... you made me laugh.... yes, I would take your word as well. What you would recommend for a stable system btw?

smn

Jul 18, 2017
After a rough start I was able to finally have a stable system:

- Debian 10 (Buster)
- Freeswitch 1.10.1.
- FusionPBX: 4.4.10.

This is my very bias advise for a system that is not yet in production:

- Install the stable FusionPBX. Do not install from Master.
- Install all freeswitch packages, not only a selected few. I know, I know. You are buying the whole supermarket to prepare a salad but it was only until then that I had a system stable for more than a day. Chances are only one or two packages were missing but I have no clue what they are.

Better yet, go through the install script. Edit it to your needs and then run it. Blindly running the script is convenient but you have no idea what is going on.

------------------------------
All that being said.... do not follow any of that, just look at @DigitalDaz coment below! On this I trust him way more than I do trust myself. I am just leaving the comment so people can have a laugh on me..... enjoy!

I have always installed all Freeswitch packages. It does not take much longer and does not use a lot of extra storage space.

Code:
apt update && apt -y install freeswitch-all freeswitch-sounds* freeswitch-music*

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Hmmm....... If I remember rightly, there is a problem installing freeswitch-all. You will get a working system but I think the problem is this:-

The installer rips out the freeswitch systemd package and makes a custom one with the correct permissions etc. If you have freeswitch all, then whenever you do an apt upgrade, it pulls back in the dodgy systemd package and trashes your stuff upon a freeswitch restart. I'm not 100% certain but I think this is the case.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
  • The FusionPBX install uses the systemd package to install systemd then removes freeswitch systemd packages so that the package updates do no break the systemd changes that were done so that permissions would work with FusionPBX.
  • FreeSWITCH does not need freeswitch-all package. You really don't need to install world in order to get this working.
  • Likely missed the pgsql freeswitch module.
  • FusionPBX Master is more secure than 4.4 some changes for security were too broad to be able to be applied to 4.4
  • We are working hard towards a new release.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
I install the custom freeswitch unit file in /etc/systemd/system/freeswitch.service. That automatically overrides the /usr/lib/systemd/system/freeswitch.service unit file so updates to that do not break anything. I think that is how the documentation recommends using custom systemd files.

Last edited:
Reactions: DigitalDaz

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I install the custom freeswitch unit file in /etc/systemd/system/freeswitch.service. That automatically overrides the /usr/lib/systemd/system/freeswitch.service unit file so updates to that do not break anything. I think that is how the documentation recommends using custom systemd files.

@markjcrane Maybe we can test this and move to it if its a cleaner way to do it? I'll definitely mod the installer and test it.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
For those wondering Debian 9 is the recommended and most stable version of Debian for FusionPBX currently. Debian 10 seems to have some issues with SIP TLS and SRTP.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
These issues are now fixed, they were actually none issues it was FusionPBX that was the problem.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Actually the Debian 10 TLS issue wasn't a FusionPBX or a FreeSWITCH issue. It was simply that Debian 10 required a newer version of TLS and FreeSWITCH needed a setting to configure it to use the version that Debian 10 supported. I added this setting to new installs. So it was a configuration setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.