FusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindaugas Bertasius

Mar 30, 2017
I am a heavy FreePBX user even back before trixbox days. But I got tired creating new VM for each new client and installed FusionPBX to play with it. Never tried Freeswitch. I am pleased with the project, especially multi domain approach however I miss features that we use pretty much for each client. So my intention was to ask maybe I don't know and it is available already like 3rd party addons or smth.

We really use XML apps, something like aastra-scripts used to be back in a days or like Sangoma have now https://www.freepbx.org/phone-apps/. I mean at least visual voicemail or call forward control. Customers like that better than going through audio promts...

Another big thing was iSymphony. Is there any paid 3rd party add on for FreeSwitch that let's you control phone system from the web?

Provisioning the phone is another big issue. Those configs are not ready and you can spend all day trying to build generic config for example I played with Aastra phone. It would make life much easier if they would be pre-build.

I also wish documentation would be up to date and more in depth, especially when you spend half day configuring and you find out it's not your error... Lots of stuff I found not working like for example http://fusionpbx-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started/lets_encrypt.html would give you errors on fresh install.

And don't get me wrong, I am not complaining (hell how could I it's a free product, so thanks a lot) just trying to get idea maybe I miss something and it is already there.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Create a user, associate that user to an extension then log in as that user you should see them in your dashboard I think, or go to app voicemail

Mindaugas Bertasius

Mar 30, 2017
Thanks but those are different. Its voicemail on the browser. What I meant is that you can do it visually on the phone screen vs the audio prompts. BTW what would you recommend for billing? I charge for every incoming minute on 800 number.

Status
Not open for further replies.