Grandstream Outbound Proxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
Maybe I am doing something wrong but I'm trying to use the provisioning function in Fusion on a multi-tenet system but having issues with registration (I belive because of outbound proxy setting).

I can get the phones to register manually using the domain for the SIP server and the actual pbx FQDN for the outbound proxy. However I can't get the outbound proxy to update with auto provision.

I've entered it in the default settings under outbound_proxy_primary
I've tried entering it also in the outbound_proxy_secondary
I also tried adding a new setting called outbound_proxy (which is what i saw referenced in the xml template. <P48>{$account.1.outbound_proxy}</P48>

None of the above work. Any ideas? I've tried a 2140 and 2160. I have a 2135 adn 2170 but haven't tried those yet.

ElecBoy

Sep 10, 2017
Hi,

You should be in the menu Maintenance -> Upgrade and Provision, in here you would put the User & Password you specified in "Default Settings" Tab, with this URL. voip.domain.com/app/provision (*voip.* May change depending in the subdomain you created.) Also rember to create the device you are going to provision in Account-> Devices.

1549751727796.png

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
Thank you for the response. Maybe I wasn’t clear. I have the auto provisioning working fine for everything except the outbound proxy setting. No matter what I do the outbound proxy will not update in the phone. Every other setting does update without issues. Since the outbound proxy is needed the device will not register unless I manually enter that one setting in the device.

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
It only seems to register with it added. The server has multiple domains but maybe there is another way or something I’m missing?

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
Ok and the login should be ext@domain? It works with a proxy and the SIP server as the domain but not any other way that I tested. On a single domain server the FQDN for SIP server and ext for account works but not on a multi domain system. I must be missing something.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
The ext as user and fqdn as sip server should work. I don't use grandstream myself though I have in the past, I'm just going from memory.

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
Ok but we have some domains with the same ext. Keep in mind the domain for the tenant might not be a FQDN and/or doesn not resolve to the pbx.

For example.

The pbx’s FQDN is pbx.mydomaing.com.

There are two tenants hosted on the pbx.

Tenant 1 domain is tenant1.local.

Tenant2 is tenant2.local.

They both have an ext 1000.

If the FQDN is the SIP server then the system can distinguish which tenant is trying to register.

This is for any phone and not just Grandstream. Some for Yealink and softphones.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
So you are making tenants that are not resolvable?

Rather than tenant1.mydomain.com etc

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
Yes. I feel it is more secure. Maybe we will change that in the future but for now that is the plan and it works well. Just can’t get that setting to auto provision. The template does have the setting in it but doesn’t seem to pull the information correctly from the domain settings/variables.

dv8inpp

Jan 5, 2019
Any update on this tag915 I'm having a similar issue and need to set the outgoing proxy on yealink phones.

rabbidiesel

Aug 28, 2020
9x9tech.com
Hi,

You can change the outbound proxy by editing the GS WAVE PHP index file.

Go to Advanced, PHP Editor.
Go to app, gswave, index.php

Find this:
//$xml .= "<OutboundServer>".$_SESSION['domain_name']."</OutboundServer>";
and change it to:
$xml .= "<OutboundServer>your.proxy.com</SecOutboundServer>";

I hope this was helpful.

rabbidiesel

Aug 28, 2020
9x9tech.com
Hi,

You can change the outbound proxy by editing the GS WAVE PHP index file.

Go to Advanced, PHP Editor.
Go to app, gswave, index.php

Find this:
//$xml .= "<OutboundServer>".$_SESSION['domain_name']."</OutboundServer>";
and change it to:
$xml .= "<OutboundServer>your.proxy.com</SecOutboundServer>";

I hope this was helpful.
Hi,

I am still working on figuring it out with a variable.

Best regards,

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
If it is local server and you have no remote phones then Outbound Proxy should be FusionPBX IP.
If you have remote phones/apps then by all means use FQDN.
There is no need for Outbound Proxy for remote phones unless you have an SBC.
I really dislike using IP and all my FusionPBX installs have IP registration disabled. Using IP is far more insecure.

As for auto-provisioning, they are constantly working on templates and they added support for secondary server and outbound proxy.
You can always use GDMS or create your own config file as I did. Grandstream has all the P-Lines you need in their Tools section.
Just do not override the existing default config.

Status
Not open for further replies.