How to Upload Voicemail Greetings?

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to upload a pre-recorded voicemail greeting? And/or set a "recording" (from Apps > Recording) as a greeting? I'm familiar with uploading recordings and using within an IVR, but there doesn't seem to be a way to link them to voicemail greetings.

I'm going to experiment with replacing greeting_#.wav under /var/lib/freeswitch/storage/voicemail/default/DOMAIN/EXTENSION/greeting_#.wav , but was hoping for an GUI-based solution.

Thanks.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
SFTP or SCP will do the job. I don't think there is a way to do it through the GUI.

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
Yes, though if there's no preexisting greeting the GUI won't detect it if placed in the filesystem. I suspect a database entry is needed for the GUI to "see" the greeting. As a workaround a greeting could be recorded (so that the database entry is present) and the file replaced, but that's getting to be quite a task end-to-end. Also I don't know if the database stores the length of the recordings, which could be problematic during playback if the original and replacement audio files are different lengths. I will do some testing. Thanks.

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
Update, the database doesn't appear to store the length of the audio file, so it shouldn't be a problem if the original and replacement audio are different lengths. Inserting an entry into the "v_voicemail_greetings" table should resolve the GUI "seeing" the greeting, but there is a voicemail_greeting_uuid column that is a long string of hex. I can randomly generate something, but does anyone know if it needs to be stored/registered/etc elsewhere?

Further, if anyone else knows how to do this solely from the GUI I'm all ears :)

Last edited:

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
i am having a bug at my system where i upload the VM greeting and its not saved i dont see it in the GUI