How to Upload Voicemail Greetings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
Hi all,

Does anyone know how to upload a pre-recorded voicemail greeting? And/or set a "recording" (from Apps > Recording) as a greeting? I'm familiar with uploading recordings and using within an IVR, but there doesn't seem to be a way to link them to voicemail greetings.

I'm going to experiment with replacing greeting_#.wav under /var/lib/freeswitch/storage/voicemail/default/DOMAIN/EXTENSION/greeting_#.wav , but was hoping for an GUI-based solution.

Thanks.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
SFTP or SCP will do the job. I don't think there is a way to do it through the GUI.

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
Yes, though if there's no preexisting greeting the GUI won't detect it if placed in the filesystem. I suspect a database entry is needed for the GUI to "see" the greeting. As a workaround a greeting could be recorded (so that the database entry is present) and the file replaced, but that's getting to be quite a task end-to-end. Also I don't know if the database stores the length of the recordings, which could be problematic during playback if the original and replacement audio files are different lengths. I will do some testing. Thanks.

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
Update, the database doesn't appear to store the length of the audio file, so it shouldn't be a problem if the original and replacement audio are different lengths. Inserting an entry into the "v_voicemail_greetings" table should resolve the GUI "seeing" the greeting, but there is a voicemail_greeting_uuid column that is a long string of hex. I can randomly generate something, but does anyone know if it needs to be stored/registered/etc elsewhere?

Further, if anyone else knows how to do this solely from the GUI I'm all ears :)

Last edited:

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
i am having a bug at my system where i upload the VM greeting and its not saved i dont see it in the GUI

hamagid

Dec 14, 2020
I found a bug, that the GUI allows you to upload mp3 files for the voicemail greeting, but freeswitch is looking for a wav file, resulting in not finding the uploaded greeting if it was a mp3 file, so either the GUI should restrict uploading mp3 files or freeswitch should look for mp3 files as well, i'm not sure where to report this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.