Import Extensions/Devices from CSV file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samael28

Apr 5, 2017
Actually fixed. Was Mac - Windows issue. As I'm not using Windows for a very long time, I thought browsers act same.
No. When uploading CSV file, Mac/Linux systems set filetype to 'text/csv', Windows set it to 'application/octet-stream'.
I made a check only to 'text/csv', so it was working only for Linux/Mac browsers

Reactions: DigitalDaz
Sep 2, 2017
Same for me -- It still doesn't work under windows, but it does indeed work as advertised from Ubuntu running Mozilla. Definitely something Browser/OS related.

Samael28

Apr 5, 2017
Ok. I've removed check on filetype on upload and only checking if file was uploaded at all. Please, check at your system.

Sep 2, 2017
Setting a default voicemail password results in a blank password. Sort of. I imported 20 extensions/devices, and had the vm password set to 1234. There was no voicemail password set in the extension, but here are passwords in the v_voicemails table. I don't understand that. The net result is that dialing *97 results in a hangup until a password is entered on the extension screen.

EDIT: My bad. I had the file incorrectly formatted. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
May 16, 2017
App looks great. Just having an issue downloading from Github for version 4.4 "not found". Could you have a look please.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
App looks great. Just having an issue downloading from Github for version 4.4 "not found". Could you have a look please.

You do not download a github version you need to git clone it and then do a checkout.

or git clone -b4.4 blah

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
No, you cannot clone a partial project

You need:
Code:
git clone -b 4.4 https://github.com/samael33/fusionpbx

Then you need to cd into the app directory and copy it, samael even gave instructions for this.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Just used this to dump from 4.2.1:
Code:
copy (select extension,v_extensions.password,number_alias,accountcode,call_timeout,effective_caller_id_name,effective_caller_id_number,outbound_caller_id_name,outbound_caller_id_number,limit_max,toll_allow,call_timeout,call_group,user_record,hold_music,description, device_mac_address, device_label, device_vendor, device_model, device_template, device_description, voicemail_enabled, voicemail_mail_to, voicemail_password, voicemail_attach_file, voicemail_description from v_extensions LEFT JOIN v_device_lines on extension=user_id LEFT JOIN v_devices ON v_device_lines.device_uuid=v_devices.device_uuid LEFT JOIN v_voicemails on cast(extension as integer)=voicemail_id) TO '/tmp/extensions.csv' DELIMITER ',' CSV HEADER;
Dumping it here in case anyone finds it useful.

VoIP Doctors

May 3, 2017
Getting access denied when selecting the Import Extensions from the app menu after the install and all permissions set to www-data. Attempted to set permissions to 777 as well with no success.

I'm running ver 4.4.3 on a test server I built earlier today.

VoIP Doctors

May 3, 2017
I did. Attempted all options on the upgrade page. Under group manager and menu manager the permission was showing correctly.

I just removed it and might give it a try later on today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.