Increasing call ringtime on ring groups. Currently fixed at 1 minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugheyQuarsh

Jul 28, 2022
I am really hoping I can get some help with this. I was trying to set up a ring group with a rollover strategy. This ring group is supposed to have 3 extensions ringing sequentially while skipping busy extensions and then looping around when the last extension is reached. I gave each extension in the ring group a timeout of 30 seconds. Any time I dialed the destination pointing to this ring group, only the first and second extensions rang but not the third. After doing a few more tests, I realized when making calls from one extension to another, the ring time was unlimited but when I called in from outside FusionPBX (via a destination), the ring time was limited to only 1 minute. This remained the same, regardless of me increasing the timeout of each extension or ring group. I was doing some research online and learned I might have to increase the ring timeout which is capped at 60 seconds by default. Can someone please instruct me on how to go about this?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
First off, what caller in their right mind would listen to a call ringing for over a minute?
You may run into ring time limits from your provider if the initial call isn't answered after such a long time also.

If callers are expected to wait for longer periods for someone to answer the call, you would typically want to use a call center queue or even a standard call queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.