iPhone Softphone Options or Advice - iOS 13

• Thread starter Deleted member 1692
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1692

So Android works fine with softphones and the push services... Iphone on the other hand I've having a lot of trouble with..
So this is what I tried
  1. GSWave - No Push (That I have seen)
  2. Bria - has push but when you close the app it "freezes it" and it stays registered without sending ending the registration so calls fail to the device until the reg expires... This is after every time the app is opened and then closed.... I can see in fusionpbx once the reg drops on the app that it starts calling the push but it won't call the push and app at the same time (might be bria routing issue) but it's deff because iphone freezes the app.
  3. Zoiper - No trial with push (that I could find) for iphone. (looking for real time advice if it works on iOS 13 without the above issue...)

Anyone have ideas? Tips? Tricks? Other Apps that work for 100+ calls a day?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
We have a call centre customer that uses nothing but Bria with iPhone. We use the CounterPath Bria Push Server 2.2.0. There have been no issues reported, but I don't think they ever close the app, it just stays open 24/7.

D

Deleted member 1692

All the apps work if it stays open, the problem is with work from home people they are texting, browsing, etc on their iphones while waiting for calls so lots of times the app isn't focused that's why I'm trying to find a good push app that works with iPhone.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
ZoIPer offers a free 7 day trial in for PUSH in the iOS app store. I didn't spend too long but couldn't get it to work. You need to set the re-registration time to once a day or once a week for the ZoIPer softphone so I think you'd need to create a separate SIP profile on Fusion for it. I couldn't figure out how to set re-registration time per extension (maybe it's possible).

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
Actually, we have no issue in IOS with GS wave incoming calls if we use the TCP protocol. The app runs in the background and receives all incoming calls. The real problem with GS Wave, is the 2-3 seconds audio delay for all incoming and outgoing calls. We even opened a ticket with Grandstream last year but the issue was never resolved.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Actually, we have no issue in IOS with GS wave incoming calls if we use the TCP protocol. The app runs in the background and receives all incoming calls. The real problem with GS Wave, is the 2-3 seconds audio delay for all incoming and outgoing calls. We even opened a ticket with Grandstream last year but the issue was never resolved.
I didn't think GS Wave supported push notifications for incoming calls?

dcitelecom

Oct 20, 2021
GS Wave does not need push notifications for incoming calls. It works fine running in the background with TCP protocol.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
Ringotel, super simple, basically built around freeswitch, push notification, sms, BLF, Directory, Speed Dials, super easy provisioning, The best customer support I have dealt with in a long time (Like it is weird how friendly, informative and responsive they are), very affordable and rapidly adding all new features all the time. IOS,Android,Mac,Windows it does it all.

My customer who have been using them for a few months now, love it. I even have one customer with a law office they got rid of there desk phones and only use the ringotel on their mobile devices and computers now

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
GS Wave Lite does not need push notifications for incoming calls. It works fine running in the background with TCP protocol.
These days no softphone can run on Apple devices without push notifications to wake up the app. The iOS will shutdown background running applications. I’ve tested and can confirm it’s the case with Grandstream Wave as well. Would be a decent softphone if they had push services.

Status
Not open for further replies.