Is "Voicemail" broken in the latest version of FusionPBX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfeen

May 20, 2020
I'm running into an issue where I can't really manage my voicemail boxes because they don't show up under the "Voicemail" section. I have one voicemail box for extension 101 and it does not show up in the voicemail section. If I go into "Voicemails" and create a new voicemail box, that also doesn't show up. Is this an issue anyone else is having and if not what could I be doing wrong?

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Here is a general rule from the creator of FusionPBX. If something disappears its usually because of new permission. There is a new permission for admin and superadmin group go look at group manager edit your groups permissions and look at voicemail. After changing the permission logout and back in and it should work.

kfeen

May 20, 2020
Here is a general rule from the creator of FusionPBX. If something disappears its usually because of new permission. There is a new permission for admin and superadmin group go look at group manager edit your groups permissions and look at voicemail. After changing the permission logout and back in and it should work.
After resetting the permissions voicemail is back to showing up again, however, in the latest version of FusionPBX my extensions don't ring and instead go straight to voicemail and my voicemail greeting does not play.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Its more likely to be a problem with how you have your system configured to work with NAT and what type of firewall or router your phones are behind.

kfeen

May 20, 2020
Its more likely to be a problem with how you have your system configured to work with NAT and what type of firewall or router your phones are behind.
I'm fairly sure this is not the case being that this issue only appeared after upgrading. The caller will never get a ring on their end, just some silence then straight to voicemail.

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
I hope I am not hijacking this thread but I have the same issue with voicemail as far as seeing it in the GUI. It actually works fine, I can still receive messages and access them by phone. If I go into the database I can see that everything reflects what is actually there and when I added a bogus email account for testing via the gui it also did not show up in the gui yet it DOES in the database. I tried changing a permission or two temporarily under the superadmin group and it did not stick. The permissions do not change at all.

Davesworld

Feb 1, 2019
This is what worked for me.

"Advanced" -> "Upgrade". Now check "App Defaults" and "Permissions Defaults" and press "Execute". After doing this I was able to see everything again.

If you go to "https://yourdomain.tld/app/voicemails/voicemails.php". Can you view the voicemail page?

Yes I see the actual page but no mailboxes. They all exist and work just as I left them, just no gui access. Executing app defaults does nothing and yes I do log out and back in.

Edit: What had happened is that I had the entire superadmin group permissions protected from when I added the field back in postgresql to allow deleting of cdr. Of course that field disappeared after restoring default permissions and logging out and back in but that is for another day should I ever even choose to add that feature (the ability to delete call detail records) by adding the field in the database. I can do all with the voicemails again. Yup, a permission issue it was.

Last edited:

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
General rule if something disappears on a page that you can open its most likely a permission problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.