Kamailio/FusionPBX and Microsoft Direct Routing Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoti

Sep 10, 2018
Hi All,

It would be nice to have Fusion/Kamailio integrate with Microsoft Direct Routing.

If anybody has any ideas on how to go about this or any code/scripts that they would not mind sharing that would be good.

Thanks.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
We took a run at this a couple of months ago and ended up just going to a proprietary SBC. We're still experimenting but basically we're probably going to put an AnyNode SBC in between the Microsoft stuff and our Freeswitch stuff.

After many hours of Googling I only heard the odd whisper of someone making Freeswitch work with MS direct routing and there were little to no details. Personally I didn't have the mental bandwidth to deconstruct it and make it all play nice, so we're playing with the demo version of AnyNode.

I'll update this thread with progress but that project is on the back burner for now.

PS for Daz. Microsoft direct routing (or Microsoft phone system, its confusing) is basically just a connector into MS 365 stuff to allow outbound and inbound calling to the PSTN from Teams and Skype for business. They use a bunch of witchcraft involving options messages and TLS with certificates only from approved authorities to make it all work. There's an approved SBC list which is short and you're supposed to stick to them.

Last edited:

tdcockers

Mar 9, 2018
Are you still thinking you'll have a crack at this when you're bored @bcmike? I don't think I have the technical know-how to pull it off myself, but will be keeping an ear to the ground and happy to help out/test if anyone is wanting to try it...

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Nope. Way easier just to pay the money (Its reasonable) to AnyNode for an approved SBC. Pretty sure I don't have the mental bandwidth to crack it anyway.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
I have cracked it. I have a working installation of Kamailio and Direct Routing/MS Phone System. :)

Please share the details, otherwise we're all still going to be at square one.

Thanks!

elkato

Feb 25, 2017
Hey guys, checked that las link. And appear it's only a SIP trunk using TLS. Fusionpbx should do it the same isn't?

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
No, it's not just a SIP trunk with TLS, its also special options messages and headers.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
Update: I talked with Mack at dSIPRouter about adding teams as an endpoint and he's willing to do it but its going to require some dev $$$. If anyone's interested in contributing to this feature DM me an we'll co-ordinate with Mack. I'd rather pay Mack than Anynode or Ribbon.

Tiensicum

Sep 26, 2019
Vietnam
www.inext.com.vn
Update: I talked with Mack at dSIPRouter about adding teams as an endpoint and he's willing to do it but its going to require some dev $$$. If anyone's interested in contributing to this feature DM me an we'll co-ordinate with Mack. I'd rather pay Mack than Anynode or Ribbon.
I did trial dSIPRouter, It's too slow for registration (Software Architecture too complicated )

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
Excellent link @babak . I wish I had found it a few months back. We had a bid for a contract at a government institution which needed exactly that, a way to connect their existing Avaya switch to Teams without expending a fortune in the process. We ended up comparing AnyNode and Audiocodes solutions. Both of them are very good but we ended up using Audiocodes for AnyNode was not listed in the approved vendor list for direct routing. At the end, it worked out well for us, we are now working more and more with Audiocodes. It is a proprietary solution but it is not crazy expensive as Oracle or Ribbon. It is very straightforward to work with as well.

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Thanks @babak . Happy Easter.

I tested this out a few months ago and was able to get incoming and outgoing calls working with OpenSIPS, Setup with the following configuration.

Teams -> OpenSIPS -> FusionPBX -> Upstream Carrier (PSTN)
Inbound and outbound were working
I could also call FusionPBX extensions

I ran into problems with the following:

Placing a call on hold - I could not get it back
Transferring calls.
Basically everything else besides a simple call in and call out.

I'd be very keen to find out if anybody can get this fully operational.

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
@gflow, I was able to get it working the same as you with OpenSIPS. I ran into the same issues with putting calls on hold and resuming from Teams. It works intermittently. Sometimes you are able to resume right away and other times it might take 30 seconds to resume after you push the button. From what I've been reading this is a know issue that Microsoft is working on.

@ewdpb, do you experience this with the Audiocodes SBC too?

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
@KonradSC , I do have experience with Audiocodes <--> Teams but without FusionPBX in the picture. I have done Avaya <--> Audiocodes <--> Teams. It works almost out of the box, you definde the SIP trunks on both ends and that is it really. Audiocodes already has an option where you tell it it is a Teams at the other end and it takes care of whatever transformations need to be done. It is fully transparent for the Avaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.