Kamailio/FusionPBX and Microsoft Direct Routing Integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
i try not use opensips just because they "Stole" their project from kamailio so for me its a moral issue, but not saying its bad, i just saw what they did to daniel
How did this bit of history pass me by?? I started out with OpenSer (Sip Express Router) , I assumed OpenSIPS was the natural progression from that. Not going to hijack this tread, but if you have the time to tell me more send me a PM. Cheers,
Adrian.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Adrian, that custom on reply route worked a treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Code:
        if (t_check_status("183|180|200") && has_body("application/sdp")) {

if(search_body("a=sendrecv")) {
                        subst_body('/^a=sendrecv/a=inactive/');
                        msg_apply_changes();
                }

route(RTPENGINEANSWER);
        }

Now that is teams going via my kamailio to an ASTPP instance :)

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

andycol

Jun 18, 2020
Adrian, that custom on reply route worked a treat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Code:
        if (t_check_status("183|180|200") && has_body("application/sdp")) {

if(search_body("a=sendrecv")) {
                        subst_body('/^a=sendrecv/a=inactive/');
                        msg_apply_changes();
                }

route(RTPENGINEANSWER);
        }

Now that is teams going via my kamailio to an ASTPP instance :)
Awesome, would you mind to share you kamailio config?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
No, he isn't selling them, that code apparently is still private and not released yet according to the group.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
oh when i spoke to him he said to use direct routing support on dsiprouter you need to purchase a license
Look on the google group, I asked him, you can buy it now but you only get whats currently in which is a partially working thing, when I looked at the code I could see there was no way of handling certain things, thats when I asked him and he said the things that don't work will be in the next version which is a private repo but thats not ready yet.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
A couple of days ago, I was gonna buy a piece:View attachment 1627

I have no Kamailio game whatsoever so I bought a small piece. I just wanted to get in and out working, but yes hold and transfer are still issues. Honestly I feel like a bit of a beta tester but Mack makes weekly progress and the support has been really good so I can't complain.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think he needs to introduce a B2BUA, Carriers are so much differing in their support for REPLACE, the way they do HOLD/UNHOLD etc.

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
With all the respect and in my humble opinion, if you guys add the amount of hours invested trying to hack your way down through this configuration, paying for AnyNode or Audiocodes alternatives may actually be less expensive.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
With all the respect and in my humble opinion, if you guys add the amount of hours invested trying to hack your way down through this configuration, paying for AnyNode or Audiocodes alternatives may actually be less expensive.

I already have a fully working, as far as I can tell, solution with Kamailio and Freeswitch that should work as well as their cloud offerings. I have hold, transfer, blind transfer etc.

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018

You might be right, but there's a learning curve with those products as well, IMHO I might as well invest that time with something open and support people working with open source products. I may however still be barking up the wrong tree as I don't think Mack is as far along as Daz.

Reactions: krooney

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I already have a fully working, as far as I can tell, solution with Kamailio and Freeswitch that should work as well as their cloud offerings. I have hold, transfer, blind transfer etc.

Great work, is that using the config you shared or is there an updated version?

ScITGmbH

Aug 3, 2018
And, multitenant of course.

@DigitalDaz Do you mind to share your kamailio config once again? I got the connection between Teams <-> Kamailio working, now struggeling (hard) with the call handling for Kamailio <-> FusionPBX. Also your adaption for multitentant would be very interresting.

I also would take any notes to bring me forward, would offer to do a clean writeup after I got it working :).

Reactions: robvandenbulk
Status
Not open for further replies.