Limit Channels for a Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElecBoy

Sep 10, 2017
Is there a way I can limit how many simultaneous calls or Channels a domain can use? Like 10 incoming and outgoing? Thanks!

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
Elec, I believe you can do this through the domain Dialplan Manager using the setting "call-limit".

Dialplan -> Dialplan Manager -> call-limit

ElecBoy

Sep 10, 2017

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
I believe the instructions I gave earlier allow both inbound and outbound limits to be set but maybe I'm missing something here. Below is a screenshot.

Call_limit.png

ElecBoy

Sep 10, 2017
I believe the instructions I gave earlier allow both inbound and outbound limits to be set but maybe I'm missing something here. Below is a screenshot.

View attachment 526

Hi @tag915

Thank you for your reply, so it did work for Inbound, but not outbound. I was trying with 1 simultaneous calls, Thanks for your help.

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
I found the issue is the variable its looking at {call_direction} is not yet set, so the expression always returns false and doesn't set the limit. If you want to set the limit for both inbound and out bound I believe you can have it check the {user_exists} variable instead. This should return true if its not a local extension. I've do some simple test and it worked but you might want to do a little deeper testing to make sure there are no negative results. Below is a screenshot.

Call_limit.png

Note: Maybe someone else can shed some light on the {call_direction} variable. Its used in most Dialplan settings but not sure when its actually set because most seem to return a null value.

Last edited:

jordan_richardo

Jul 11, 2017
I found the issue is the variable its looking at {call_direction} is not yet set, so the expression always returns false and doesn't set the limit. If you want to set the limit for both inbound and out bound I believe you can have it check the {user_exists} variable instead. This should return true if its not a local extension. I've do some simple test and it worked but you might want to do a little deeper testing to make sure there are no negative results. Below is a screenshot.

View attachment 527

Note: Maybe someone else can shed some light on the {call_direction} variable. Its used in most Dialplan settings but not sure when its actually set because most seem to return a null value.

I was able to get this to work, but it appears to break park on Yealink phones. I am not too sure where to start on that, does anyone have any suggestions?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
What I did for a certain domain that needed the "outbound" variable set earlier is to add a custom dial plan around order 15 but anything before the call-limit dial plan should work. I check for 10+ digits since all outbound calls for this customer require the area code. if the condition matches, it sets the direction variable. The key to making sure the variable is set when you need it is to set "inline" to true.
1639064485416.png

mcs3ss2

Sep 8, 2020
AU
here is the dialplan manager, Even though I have set call limit to 2
I was able to make 4 calls. 2 inbound and 2 outbound
Then I was able to make 5 outbound calls, see image attached 5 calls on hold (all outbound)

Any thoughts ?

1640614318181.png

1640616049169.png

Status
Not open for further replies.