SOLVED Need guidance for big mistake

Status
Not open for further replies.

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
Hi i would need some guidance on how to fix my issue.
Here it is my backup node got deleted so i need to add it back i know how to create a cluster from scratch but to fix this i dont i am a paid member of fusionpbx but i cant find in documents what would help me to fix this.

My main pbx is fine and working with about 140 devices so i need to fix this with minimal downtime and no lost of data

Thanks in advance for the help.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
If you still have a copy of old google doc from advanced class it will probably make it easier to find info needed because I don’t think everything has been copied into new member documentation.

I don’t have exact commands handy but you would start with removing the dead node from cluster. Even if that leaves the cluster with a single node, the cluster would then be “healthy” and can accept new nodes.

When the cluster is ready, follow instructions from class to install/prepare second node. In the google doc, search “adding a node”.

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
You want to part the node, then add via instructions from second node on, almost as if you are starting from scratch. It might be easier though, to dump db, drop db, set up new cluster, add second node, then import previous dump. If your practiced it shouldn't be much more than half an hour to an hour tops.

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
You want to part the node, then add via instructions from second node on, almost as if you are starting from scratch. It might be easier though, to dump db, drop db, set up new cluster, add second node, then import previous dump. If your practiced it shouldn't be much more than half an hour to an hour tops.
Will customer loose voicemail messages if i dump

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
sorry for my ignorance so i found in member documents how to remove node 2 i have the commands so i login with putty and try to run the command but it does not work do i have to enter something in order to send the commands.

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
if i could just stop the replication so it doesnt crash i will get paid help. If someone can point me right direction.

Thanks

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The the postgres commands have to done in postgresql as user postgres. Look a bit deeper in the docs.

If you do a full backup as listed in docs, it will save recordings and voicemail etc.

My understanding is official fusionpbx support is only available to purple and higher paid members. They no longer do on demand hourly support.

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
I was able to delete broken node but when I run node.sh to add 2nd node back it does not work

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
I made backup and restored but recordings and voicemails are not following. Is the an extra script that need to be ran?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
Which backup script did you use?
If using the /etc/crond.daily/fusionpbx-backup.sh script double check the sections after #backup the databse. There is a section for "package" based and "source" installs of Freeswitch. Depending on which type of install, some directory locations are different.

The "tar" command will pack up all of the relevant files but at least in my backup script, it specifically excluded the recordings folders.
Code:
#package
tar --exclude='/var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/*/archive' -zvcf /var/backups/fusionpbx/backup_$now.tgz /var/backups/fusionpbx/postgresql/fusionpbx_pgsql_$now.sql /var/www/fusionpbx /usr/share/freeswitch/$

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
You would need to untar to restore the backed up items.
You can also manually copy the directories/files needed between servers.

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
Made full backup
Recreated new cluster and restored
All back in order
Thanks for your time and help.

Status
Not open for further replies.