SOLVED No BLF lights + BLF that don't update

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkStar

Jun 16, 2017
Hi guys

I have 2 problems with BLF lights on yealink devices (no idea if they are related).

Problem one: BLF lights on T46G devices stay green all the time they don't show blinking or solid red anymore. I thought this was the problem but a reboot did not fix the problem.

Problem two: We're running loads of T42G with firmware 29.80.188.17 (188 = BENELUX firmware) and they are showing BLF rights just fine. But as you can't get any T42G's anymore we're now using T42S devices and they come with firmware 66.83.188.6 and don't show any lights anymore (not green, not red, just no lights at all).
I've asked Lydis (distributor for Yealink in BENELUX) for the 29.83.188.x firmware for T42G and after upgrading a device on the old firmware to the new one that device also didn't have BLF lights anymore. So something changed in the firmware but I can't find what. Lydis Support (Yealink always directs us to them) let us test with one BLF light (I guess they are thinking the we're exceeding the MTU package.) After that we needed to send some logfiles and they are ghosting us...

Anyone with some idea's?

Thanks!

mydigitalself

Oct 20, 2019
Not sure if this will help in this case, but I have Yealink T53W in multiple locations and occasionally had BLF issues. The fix was to switch to TCP.

Last edited:

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I have always been under the idea that if it is not working on UDP and you switch to TCP and it works, then what was causing the issues under UDP. TCP may be masking issues that may surface later. Sometimes "fixing" an issue and it working is not as a long term solution as actually knowing what caused the issue. Short term if the issue is fixed, that is great. That now gives you more time to research and investigate what the original problem was so that when it occurs again you know what to do.

Last edited:

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I have the same issues at times. Years ago, when I was provisioning Yealinks, I would select the BLF field and in the value field enter the ext # ie: 1001
Later I realized I needed to add the domain after the extension ie: 1001@domain.yourdomain.com

After this it worked fine in some networks

Here lately the only way to get it to work at one location was to static assign the sip listen port ie: 5061, 5062, 5063. to each device in the network. Digitaldaz informed me I should never have to do this but I was able to get it to work long term by doing this. I am sure there is a better way, I am still learning

Attachments

• yealink sip listen port image.jpg
    yealink sip listen port image.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.