Outbound route for group of extensions only

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrar

Sep 25, 2019
Please make a change, select the order of username condition and use something less than destination condition. For eg if order of destination is 10, Select order of username condition 5 and select break on false. And try it

Try the same change for toll allow.

mos

Sep 15, 2019
Hi rbrar , your solution worked perfectly :), Thanks a lot for your support, so right now I am doing :
Condition Username 3219988|3215620|3219999 on False 5
and it is working fine,

but I was wondering if I could do it in extension level too, it would be great, then I can use {toll allow}, because with the above implementation my list is growing up more and more.

rbrar

Sep 25, 2019
Hey @mos, glad i can help. You can also use condition like everything starts with 321. Reserve the 321XXX for all the users, you want to use this particular route.

Try the same change of adjusting the order in the outbound route with the Toll Allow, i believe this is the right way.

Last edited:

mos

Sep 15, 2019
Thanks a lot, the toll_allow worked too, I really appreciate your support,

one more question, let say I have 10K extension, 6K exist on my PBX and the other 4K are exist on another PBX node, but I have defined all 10K on my PBX, now if there is local call from one of the extension exist on group A to another extension on group B(on different PBX), how I can create condition in case call fails in my PBX then route it to the bridge which goes to second PBX ? (a simple condition check if the extension not available on my PBX then route it to second PBX )

rbrar

Sep 25, 2019
@mos . Sorry, i am not following your question. You have 6k extension on one PBX (PBX A) and 4k extension on another pbx (PBX B). What do you exactly mean defined all 10k on my PBX (A, B or ???). Is it possible if you can explain the scenario little more, i am uncertain about what you want to achieve?

if you want to use two PBX in parallel, create an outbound route to each other and set condition based on the dial strings.

mos

Sep 15, 2019
@rbrar Thanks for quick prompt, No, actually I am migrating from old PBX to new PBX, so I want to have a connection between 2 nodes, so all my 10K users they can communicate with each other, let say I have migrated 6K already to new PBX, and 4K left on old PBX, so, I have created all 10K users on the new PBX, now Imagin 100, 101, 102, 103 (but 103 is not migrated yet), so unavailable on new PBX, but 100, 101 and 102 they are connected and registered on new PBX, so 103 is available and connected on the old PBX, basically I want to add condition in Local calls on new PBX in case if 100 wants to call 103, if 103 does not available on new PBX then route it to the old PBX,

so in the summarized version, I want to add a condition in local calls in case if the destination number does not available then bridge it to another gateway.

rbrar

Sep 25, 2019
Are you migrating users in a sequence or anything or just randomly?
I have worked with two PBX's in parallel before but i was using different prefix for both nodes and using it to keep it little simple. I have not tried this yet what you are asking but i will do some tests and see how this can be achieved.
i prefer using fqdn instead of ip makes my life easier in migration, fail over and registering users.

Let you know once i perform some tests.

mos

Sep 15, 2019
no, it is not in sequence and they don't want to add any prefix, so I will be really appreciated it if you let me know how I can achieve this ?
by the way, I didn't get you well about the fqdn.
awaiting your kind prompt.

rbrar

Sep 25, 2019
I do not prefer to use IP's to register Phones/Devices to the PBX. I prefer an A record instead. Only place i need to make change is on the DNS server and restart the devices. Everyone gets registered at the the new PBX.

mos

Sep 15, 2019
Are you migrating users in a sequence or anything or just randomly?
I have worked with two PBX's in parallel before but i was using different prefix for both nodes and using it to keep it little simple. I have not tried this yet what you are asking but i will do some tests and see how this can be achieved.
i prefer using fqdn instead of ip makes my life easier in migration, fail over and registering users.

Let you know once i perform some tests.

Hello @rbrar,

Have you tested the scenario?

Status
Not open for further replies.