Outgoing international calls from US not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

limewater

Jan 11, 2020
I have a domestic carrier (gateway) that works fine, but they do not provide international calls, only domestic calls. I just setup an international carrier (gateway) and the calls fail. I am using the default international dial plan expression provided in FusionPBX: ^(011\d{9,17})$

When I setup my domestic gateway using the default North American Dial Plan I did have to modify the bridge statement in the dial plan. It was by default this: sofia/gateway/xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/$1, and I changed it to this: sofia/gateway/xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx/1$1. It did not work until I added the 1. I think the first "1 " appends to the phone number dialed, but I am not sure.

Anyway, I am wondering if there is a change I must make to my international dial plan or if it is something else. I did find an error in the call log which says NORMAL_TEMPORARY_FAILURE, which implies to me the problem is with my gateway, but I don't know.

I attached a copy of the log file to this post, (private info is masked) if anyone can help I would really appreciate it. I started this project a year ago, and I still don't have any customers. I would really like to get it into production so I can make a little green. :)

Screenshot from 2021-02-03 19-59-15.png

Attachments

• log-file-02-feb-2021.txt
    31.8 KB · Views: 2

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Your regex for the destination_number is not correct if you are trying to dial 0015939...

Do you prefix international calls with 00 or 001? Assuming it is 00 and you wanted to call the UK you would dial 0044... In which case your regex could look something like this:

^(00\d{9,17})$

Reactions: limewater

limewater

Jan 11, 2020
I feel so ashamed. Turns out I had a spending block on my outgoing calls that prevent many international calls. I reset the spending limit, and it now works. I am so sorry to be a bother, but thank you so much Adrian for taking the time to look at my post, and to give me help.

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell
Status
Not open for further replies.