Override the original caller ID number not working in Call Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Pai

May 2, 2017
Hi Everyone

I am using Master Version of FusionPBX 4.5.1 with Switch Version1.6.20 (64bit). I am having issue with Call Routing/Follow me

Let me explain here

If i enable Call Forward to any external DID the original caller ID number won't get override.

Capture.PNG

Where as it works with Follow Me
Capture1.PNG

Can anyone help me with this.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Unfortunately this is yet another regression in the new 4.4 release. It relates to the way call forwarding is now done via the dialplan rather than a custom dialstring using the old method.

The using of the dialplan for forwarding is a positive move as the old method using the bridge had its own problems.

The lead developer is aware of this current problem but as to when it may be resolved is anyone's guess.

May 16, 2017
Hi I recently had the same issue. I use my Sip providor to help me. So i forward the call to a number on another trunk where i have the option to always show the dialled number. My sip providor only charges for calls so its not to expensive to do this.

Not ideal in terms of legs but this is for one of our client that pay us serious ammounts of money so it was a case of whatever we can do to fix the issue.

Fingers crossed for a fix.

Regards

Andy

mattswainston

Sep 27, 2018
Hi Daz,

I have installed the patch, I have an issue with this forward, as instead of generating an outgoing call, the incoming call gets sent to internal voicemail. When the incoming call starts on the internal system, however, the call goes straight to local voicemail. I have tried to do some troubleshooting and found this - does it make any sense to you? I expect I have missed an important setting somewhere!

2019-11-11 12:59:08.554941 [ERR] mod_lua.cpp:203 /usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/call_forward_all.lua:79: attempt to concatenate global 'caller_id_number' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
/usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/call_forward_all.lua:79: in main chunk
2019-11-11 12:59:08.554941 [DEBUG] switch_cpp.cpp:1107 sofia/External2/07908053221@88.215.51.225 destroy/unlink session from object

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Talk about raising the dead! That was a patch for something over a year ago, I very much doubt it will work now unless you are running on code from that time :)

mattswainston

Sep 27, 2018
Hi Daz,

It does seem to work now! Did this get superseded? Does it now work? I am on 4.4 - thought that was the latest stable version?

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
In 2020 it's still an issue on the latest 4.4. Thanks for the fix still works.

UCtech

Jan 9, 2019
I have been unable to get the "fix" to work on recent versions of either 4.4 or 4.5 -- have there been some recent changes? Perhaps this is SIP provider dependent? I use Twilio at present and they do not allow outgoing callerID that is not verified. So any remote call from a non whitelisted number that gets forwarded back out through Twilio gets rejected. It seems that Fusion by default is coded to only allow the remote callerID to pass through as the callerID on a forwarded call back outbound.
Somewhere I read in here that forwarding is moving to the dialplan instead of a Lua script, so I played around and got the Fusion forward/routing App to work with the following changes to the Dialplan call-forward-all (before the action export sip diversion line):
1. I added a manual over ride for CallerID as follows: action export outbound_caller_id_number=11234567890 (where the number is a whitelisted number in my SIP provider in this case Twilio). This makes all forwarded calls have the same from CallerID, which works for my organization as that is how we set it anyway. But of course if different CallerID's are desired this won't work.
2. Still found this alone did not work with Twilio. After looking at the Twilio logs, found max hops to be an issue. Apparently the default max hops for Fusion during forwarding is set to 5?, and I needed a number higher than 7. So I also added: action export max_forwards=10 Then it works.

I am no expert on this so would welcome a better way/other ideas. And I still have the CallerID forward problem for users that set their forwards on their own phones instead of using the Fusion App Call Forward. In this case it looks like the dialplan call-forward is used, which calls the lua script call_forward.lua. I don't know how to modify the lua script to do the same as above and would prefer not to. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this in the dialplan for call-forward? Or any other advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.