Reboot Yealink Phones every night

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulczichos

Sep 21, 2020
Hello,
I would like to reboot the phones of my installation (Yealink ) every night.
I have seen that you can reboot phones after autoprovisioning.
My first idea was that I could thus provision the phones every night.
I have been using FusionPBX for a year and I come from plain Freeswitch. On the old system I did the following provisioning.

static.auto_provision.server.url = XXXX
static.auto_provision.server.username = XXXX
static.auto_provision.server.password = XXXX
auto_provision.reboot_force.enable= 1
static.auto_provision.power_on = 0
static.auto_provision.repeat.enable = 0
static.auto_provision.weekly.enable = 0
static.auto_provision.flexible.begin_time = 5:10
static.auto_provision.flexible.enable = 1
static.auto_provision.flexible.end_time = 5:15
static.auto_provision.flexible.interval = 1

I have tried to apply this setting in FusionPBX.
The server also provides a corresponding configuration. But this is ignored by the phone.

Does anyone have an idea why ?

Or possibly someone has an idea how I could achieve the reboot differently?

Using SIP messages is unfortunately not an option, because the registration dies due to network problems, which a service provider does not get fixed.

I would be very grateful for any help.

Inteleweb

Jul 13, 2020
See the Image below (sensitive data covered) I reboot phones from FusionPBX even though they are not provisioned by FusionPBX.

We use YMCS for Yealink provisioning.
1646078246755.png

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
See the Image below (sensitive data covered) I reboot phones from FusionPBX even though they are not provisioned by FusionPBX.

We use YMCS for Yealink provisioning.
View attachment 2797

Did you not read the this?

Using SIP messages is unfortunately not an option, because the registration dies due to network problems, which a service provider does not get fixed.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
The only explanation I can give is that the configuration for the Yealinks on your FreeSwitch does differ to the FusionPBX, I've never been able to get the Yealinks to arbitrarily reboot on a timer though.

I wonder if it's due to the mode for overwriting. I'm not sure how's its accomplished on a lot of other PBXs, but they seem to reboot the Yealinks after EVERY minor change. I'm pretty sure they only reboot when it needs to, and a failed/identical provision request probably wouldn't meet that criteria, (otherwise they would reboot everytime I click provision)

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You should be able to do some fancy stuff on a local vm or something that will reboot the phones using the web gui

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have looked at this further, you have to allow the ip in the remote settings on the phone and the first time it will ask on the screen if it is OK to allow remote control but from then on, something like this works just fine:

curl 'https://username:password@ipaddress/servlet?key=Reboot' -k

If you don't have any infrastructure, buy a Raspberry Pi or some other little arm device.

Easiest way would just be to put that curl command in a cron job

Set up something like zero tier on there and you could remote in anytime and just reboot them at your leisure.

The above is tested and working.

Status
Not open for further replies.