Solution for routing based on weekend schedule??

Status
Not open for further replies.

5280pbx

Feb 4, 2019
Hi! Curious if anyone has any ideas regarding what we're wanting to do. Here's the deal:

2 employees that are "on-call", they work remotely and each rotates weekends

We'd like the main biz number to ring the employee that is scheduled to work assigned weekend

Obviously I can schedule a full weekend and route it to an employee, but how can I have swap it every other week?

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Could call flows work better? Have a weekend on call group where calls are routed but have it check the call flow to direct it to whichever employee is on call? Use a feature code to toggle each tech that is on call.

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Its easy. Call flows is basically this: If not enabled do this. If enabled do this. So each of the on call techs would be one or the other. What I would do is follow the same path with your time condition. Set up weekend hours the are suppose to be on call. Make the matching time condition go to the call flow.
1603325436250.png

Destination will be one on call tech and alternate destination would be the other. Once all of this is setup you can add a blf button (or just manually dial the feature code) to toggle the enabled or disabled (Fusion calls it true or false in the above example). Does that make sense?

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
I am new to fusion but have an extensive background using freepbx. The concepts are the same so this should work for you. I was unsure what the extension field is for but maybe the documentation explains it in more detail.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
The extension is one you just create like any other dialplan, ivr, ring group etc, just use a number that is not in use.

Status
Not open for further replies.