SOLVED Star codes incall not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

modcar

Jun 9, 2017
Hey;

I'm not able to get star codes working while in a call, eg *1 for transferring, *2 for recording etc.

The DTMF is sent down the gateway instead

Is there something special I should be doing to make this work?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Under Dialplan-> Dial Plan manager there si a section called bind_digit_action, you probably have to enable this, not sure if you need to do anything else.

simcard

Jan 22, 2017
Hi modcar, a little late on this one but trying to debug something similar.

For us, *2 activates recording for internal calls (i.e. local, extension to extension calls) and inbound calls (i.e. calls coming in from a gateway i.e. mobile/cell to an extension).

When making an outbound call, *2 doesn't activate recording and instead sends the DTMF down the gateway like you described. We've tested all the usual features codes (*1, *2, *4) on outbound calls and all exhibit the same behavior.

Were you experiencing the same issue (i.e. works on local and inbound, but not outbound calls)? Did you manage to get a resolution?

modcar

Jun 9, 2017
No resolution sorry. Although interesting you found star codes work on inbound calls (hadn't tested that)

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Modcar-

Enable the dialplan bind_digit_action
Once that's done, set the order of this dialplan to a number lower than your outbound route... EX: My outbound routes are set for an order of 100, I set my bind_digit_action dialplan to 90 and it works.

modcar

Jun 9, 2017
Hey @Kenny Riley - Thanks, after moving my outbound routes down to 900, it all works.

My next query is, how can I make this enabled by default when I create a new tenant? Can't see it in default settings

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Since your outbound routes have a default order of 100, it would be easier to set your bind_digit_action order to 90 under the dialplan, and change the context to ${domain_name} so it's a global setting. Make sense?

modcar

Jun 9, 2017
I have a set of pre-made outbound routes in a dummy tenant and clone them for new tenants.

But yes, I'll make the context ${domain_name} and the domain global

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
As long as your bind_digit_action order is lower than your outbound routes, you'll be fine. To make it global, just change the context as mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.