Time Zone Support for Time Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunemalli

Dec 18, 2018
Hi All,

Just wondering how you all cope with clients operating in multiple time-zones and daylight savings? Our server is set with AEST as the timezone, and we have a client on a different timezone. We've set the correct time zone for the domain and it is reflected on the CDR data, however, for actual calls it still seems to be operating on the Server time instead of the correct time zone.

How can we get this sorted?

Furthermore, how do you cope with customers on the same domain who has offices in multiple states/time-zones?

With FreePBX this can be easily done via time-zones at the time condition level since FreePBX v13.

Regards

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
You can select an entry in Default Settings and copy it over to your domain in question to set specific Default Settings for that domain.. this is how we deal with changing the time zone for a specific domain.

• Navigate to Apps > Default Settings
  • Under Domain find time_zone
  • Select it and scroll back up to the top and click on Copy then select your domain in question and click Paste.
  • Then navigate to Advanced > Domains
  • Find the domain in question and click the Edit button.
  • Set your newly copied Default Setting for that domain.

As far as dealing with customers who have offices in different states & timezones, that's a good question..we haven't ran into that yet. I would probably probably create a separate domain for each office so that you can set default settings for each office separately and then figure out how to enable extension to extension dialing between the two. Easier said than done, especially if the same extension numbers reside on another domain.

Reactions: gunemalli

gunemalli

Dec 18, 2018
You can select an entry in Default Settings and copy it over to your domain in question to set specific Default Settings for that domain.. this is how we deal with changing the time zone for a specific domain.

• Navigate to Apps > Default Settings
  • Under Domain find time_zone
  • Select it and scroll back up to the top and click on Copy then select your domain in question and click Paste.
  • Then navigate to Advanced > Domains
  • Find the domain in question and click the Edit button.
  • Set your newly copied Default Setting for that domain.

As far as dealing with customers who have offices in different states & timezones, that's a good question..we haven't ran into that yet. I would probably probably create a separate domain for each office so that you can set default settings for each office separately and then figure out how to enable extension to extension dialing between the two. Easier said than done, especially if the same extension numbers reside on another domain.
Hi Kenny

Thanks for the update. I've already got the timezone setup as you've mentioned, but for some reason it doesn't work for this client with the time conditions. I could have easily done something like a manual offset and keep things simple, but their state observes daylight saving when we don't. Which complicates everything.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
As far as dealing with customers who have offices in different states & timezones, that's a good question..we haven't ran into that yet.

The solution to this is to set the `timezone` directly in the inbound route, or create a condition to set on some regex rule (like I have done below).

1552361173069.png

All timeconditions reached (and voicemail I believe) will have the correct time. No need to offset time conditions.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
I made this by copying the `caller-details` default inbound dialplan and adding some mods.
Order just needs to be before the inbound numbers are processed. On Fusion, that's 100, so I made this one 90.

XML:
<extension name="timezone_QLD" continue="true" uuid="4fd4a108-777a-4441-8f22-8e8263e112d1">
    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^617">
        <action application="export" data="call_direction=inbound" inline="true"/>
        <action application="set" data="domain_uuid=DOMAIN_UUID_HERE" inline="true"/>
        <action application="set" data="domain_name=DOMAIN_NAME_HERE" inline="true"/>
        <action application="set" data="timezone=Australia/Brisbane"/>
    </condition>
</extension>

Reactions: gunemalli

delparan

Sep 2, 2021
Hi, we need to change the TimeZone only for a specific domain, so we could see it in the 'Call Detail Records'. We have tried setting the time zone in the 'Dial Plan Manager' as you can see in the picture bellow but when we make a call it doesn´t work. I have tried as the user 'JamesBorne' said and it didn´t work anyway.
How should we proceed? Thank you.

Attachments

• Captura.PNG
    Captura.PNG
    18 KB · Views: 65
Status
Not open for further replies.