TTS Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Sep 7, 2017
Hopefully someone can help me out. The posts I'm finding online about this issue apply to freeswitch, and from a newbies perspective, don't apply to fusionpbx (I guess because all the config files are now in a database).

The issue i'm trying to over come is that i'm trying to use "say:" with the IVR. I've used yum to install everything relating to flite and I have restarted. Yet I still see this error in the logs:

2017-09-06 23:17:16.086242 [ERR] switch_core_speech.c:62 Invalid speech module [flite]!
2017-09-06 23:17:16.086242 [ERR] switch_ivr_play_say.c:3008 Invalid TTS module!

How can I get flite working?

Also, since i'm asking, once I get this figured out I would like to change the log level to something other than debug. Where would I do that? I feel like that is probably somewhere obvious and i'm just overlooking it.

Kurt

Sep 7, 2017
Under Advanced -> Modules -> Say -> English is Enabled and running. Under Advanced -> Modules -> Speech recognition/text to speech Flite is enabled but not started and won't start. I'm guessing thats the issue.

Since I had to move on with this, I ended up using an OSX voice that was similar to the voice on FusionPBX and just recording what I wanted to say and uploading it to Fusion. I would still like to know what needs to be done to get TTS working.

Also, if anyones interested, the syslog logging level is buried in Advanced -> XML Editor -> autoload_configs -> logfile.conf.xml
Find the line that says "<map name="all" value="debug,info,notice,warning,err,crit,alert"/>".

Remove what you don't want from that line. In my case, I removed debug so the line says "<map name="all" value="info,notice,warning,err,crit,alert"/>"

Status
Not open for further replies.