Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
The church wants an IVR that when 3 is pressed, it rings the deacon of the week

There are 7 deacons

So week 1 I need option 3 in the IVR to ring Deacon # 1
Week 2 I need option 3 in the IVR to ring Deacon # 2
and so on for 7 deacons

The week begins on Mondays

Any ideas how to set this up in Time conditions?

Reactions: pksml

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I would setup a call centre queue and have all the deacons as agents. Give them access to be able to log agents in and out.

You don't want to be getting calls every time a deacon takes the day off and want the call to go somewhere else and by giving them the power to log agents in and out that should be good enough.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I would most likely try to persuade the client to try a different way such as the call center mentioned earlier, a traveling phone/extension, or instruct them to set call forwarding to the correct number each week.

That being said, it CAN be done via time conditions. It would be a mess to program if Monday being first of week is important. If they can settle for the change to happen on Sunday, the time conditions are much simpler.
Freeswitch has "week of year" and "week of month" conditions available. For most acurate rotation schedule, you would need to setup 52 conditions, one for each week of the year and assign the appropriate destination for each week.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Rather than try and do this in time conditions I would probably add a table to the db with dates for the deacons and just call a lua script called whosthedeacon.lua or something that just queries the db.

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Week of year in time conditions says the available values are 1 - 53. Since the first day of this year was a January 1, Saturday is that considered the 1st week of the year even though there is only 1 day in that week?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
That is why there are 53 week options. The first week is whichever portion of the week the calendar lands on.

Status
Not open for further replies.