Voicemail Prompts messed up!! Help plz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019
after listening to a voicemail, the system gives you options: to listen press 1, to delete press 5 etc. Those instructions are wrong. It says to forward press 7, but by pressing 7 it deletes the message.

it used to be that "7" was delete and "9" was safe/forward to email. now it's all messed up.

Any help?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Is this a newly installed system? or has it been recently updated?

Which voice prompts are you using (/usr/share/freeswitch/sounds/en/us/callie/voicemail)?

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019
This system is an active system, last time i upgraded was probably like 6 months ago, yes i'm using that sound files.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I'm looking at this on my test boxes, I have not been able to replicate the fault thus far, I will try a new install this morning, time permitting. What version are you running?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think I remember seeing a discussion about this recently in IRC, I think the problem resulted from an incomplete upgrade. Check the fusionpbx upgrade docs. I think some things may need deleting so that the new can be pulled.

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019
I think I remember seeing a discussion about this recently in IRC, I think the problem resulted from an incomplete upgrade. Check the fusionpbx upgrade docs. I think some things may need deleting so that the new can be pulled.
on a side note, how do I get access to the IRC?

nickbh

Sep 26, 2019
Under /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/voicemail.conf.xml, some of the option keys were changed. I changed them back and re-started freeswitch. It would not update the changes in the voicemail menu. I assume it is stored fusionpbx db, but where? does anyone know?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
@nickbh To answer your question, FusionPBX does not use the FreeSWITCH mod_voicemail, so I don't think the voicemial files in autoload_configs are not relevant.

I have tried to replicate this fault without success. On all of my installations (test and live) I have paid attention to the file:
/usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/app/voicemail/resources/functions/listen_to_recording.lua

This file sets out the dtmf digits for what will happen to the voicemail, in all of then I see:
Code:
<snip>
                elseif (dtmf_digits == "5") then
                    message_saved(voicemail_id, uuid);
                    return_call(caller_id_number);
                elseif (dtmf_digits == "7") then
                    delete_recording(voicemail_id, uuid);
                    message_waiting(voicemail_id, domain_uuid);
                    --fix for extensions that start with 0 (Ex: 0712)
                        if (voicemail_id_copy ~= voicemail_id  and voicemail_id_copy ~= nil) then
                            message_waiting(voicemail_id_copy, domain_uuid);
                        end
                elseif (dtmf_digits == "8") then
                    forward_to_extension(voicemail_id, uuid);
                    dtmf_digits = '';
                    session:execute("playback", "phrase:voicemail_ack:saved");

<snip>

Clearly here, the instruction associated with the digit is correct. The playback code in macro.lua also looks fine.

Maybe there could be some sort of DTMF interpretation issue?

I'm not sure how I can help further, I've had a look on IRC but not seen any chatter about this issue.

Andyd358

Aug 23, 2018
UK
Ive just been informed by a client that I have the same issue on my PBX . Did you manage to sort this?

Last edited:

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
I can confirm this is happening to me also on brand new installs, only way to fix is to change the listen recording lua above to match the options, delete has always been 7 , now it says 5 .. so if you alter the options it works ok, my concern is something else is borked somewhere that this issue may raise its head again, also now on every upgrade i need to ensure this file doesnt get changed which is a pain.. non the less its a fix for now.

Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

valiantiam

Jan 24, 2019
I can confirm this is happening to me also on brand new installs, only way to fix is to change the listen recording lua above to match the options, delete has always been 7 , now it says 5 .. so if you alter the options it works ok, my concern is something else is borked somewhere that this issue may raise its head again, also now on every upgrade i need to ensure this file doesnt get changed which is a pain.. non the less its a fix for now.

Found an even easier fix.
Remove option 3 from the phrase builder, and it goes back to what it was before.

1631825670593.png

What it seems to me is that the phrase builder only has 7 file options, but there have been additional dtmf options added.

For some context for the fusionpbx maintainers, it appears to be a direct result of this change on github.

Edit:

Additionally, it looks like that change on github changed what all the options were in order from the voicemail list file options macro in resources/templates/conf/languages/ar/vm/voicemail.xml

In the future I really hope they prevent changes to fusionpbx that change already existing dtmf options, especially for voicemail message management.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
I can confirm that removing the 3 does indeed fix the problem and puts it back to the original way of working, good spot :)

Reactions: valiantiam

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Here is the best solution.

Update your language files that contain the phrases. This was shared in FusionPBX Continuing Education in June just after the change was added.

rm /etc/freeswitch/languages/*/vm/voicemail.xml
cd /var/www/fusionpbx
php /var/www/fusionpbx/core/upgrade/upgrade.php
fs_cli -x 'reloadxml'

The upgrade -> app defaults that is run by upgrade.php will find the languages files are missing and will add the updated defaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.