Voicemail Prompts messed up!! Help plz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

valiantiam

Jan 24, 2019
Here is the best solution.

Update your language files that contain the phrases. This was shared in FusionPBX Continuing Education in June just after the change was added.

The upgrade -> app defaults that is run by upgrade.php will find the languages files are missing and will add the updated defaults.
Unless I'm mistaken, this results in the changing of the VM message action order still, correct? As in, deleting a message is now 5, instead of 7?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
This was shared in FusionPBX Continuing Education in June just after the change was added.

Mark, thank you very much for your update.

We are in a desparately commercial world but please try to spare a thought for the good community people who cannot afford to be FusionPBX members but are equally capable of contributing to the success of FusionPBX.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
For some treason after doing what Marc listed above i get no prompts at all now when listening to a message, i have done what he listed and rebooted the server

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
I restored the backup and tried again .what Marc suggested as a fix and once again i lost my prompts so i don't know what's happening there, the commands run but its like the xml isn't regenerated properly or something else is happening.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Adrian, I am giving thought to the community which is why I replied to this thread in this 3rd party forum. This was shared in FusionPBX Continuing Education in June just after the change was added.

rm /etc/freeswitch/languages/*/vm/voicemail.xml
cd /var/www/fusionpbx
php /var/www/fusionpbx/core/upgrade/upgrade.php
fs_cli -x 'reloadxml'

Additional note there is App Defaults code that move the voicemail languages file from the web directory into the freeswitch/languages directory. It only copies over those files if they are missing. This code was added in June 2021 or close to the time frame when the changes were made. If your version of FusionPBX is tool old then you may not have that feature in App Defaults.

The files are located in the following location currently and can be manually copied into the the /etc/freeswitch/languages directory.

Code:
/var/www/fusionpbx/resources/templates/

Keep in mind that if your language files have been customized by you or by another server admin then you would need to account for those changes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Adrian Fretwell

nktech1135

Dec 16, 2017
us
Hi.

My server didn't have this problem when i came across this thread so i had time to investigate a bit. I had a voicemail.xml file in /etc/freeswitch/languages/*/vm/ but it was an older one than in /var/www/fusionpbx/resources/templates/conf/languages/*/vm.
The first thing i did was to run the php upgrade command mark listed earlier in this thread. This broke the voicemail prompts for me. Next i deleted the old voicemail.xml file and re ran the php upgrade command. Things now work as expected with the new option added. BTW, let me just say adding this option was a great idea. I spent some time last week reading the code to understand how the voicemail ivr worked in preparation to make some changes to it myself, This was one of the changes i wished for, now i don't have to do this one.

Now, with that having been said, here is what bugs me. It doesn't look to me like the code was written to account for an already existing voicemail.xml file in /etc/freeswitch/languages/*/vm which means people who upgraded at a certain point will all have broken systems and the only way to fix this is to remove the outdated file. Removing/replacing the file itself is easy enough to do. The real issue, at least in my mind is no form of public release notes that hinted at this change before it was reported as a problem. If i'm wrong and said notes exist, could someone point them out to me?

nktech1135

Dec 16, 2017
us
I restored the backup and tried again .what Marc suggested as a fix and once again i lost my prompts so i don't know what's happening there, the commands run but its like the xml isn't regenerated properly or something else is happening.
Did you update to the latest code first? If i understood mark you have to have updated since July for this to work.
Also, make sure the files have the correct permissions after they're copied. In my system which is close to default the files need to be owned by www-data and perms should be 0644

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Did you update to the latest code first? If i understood mark you have to have updated since July for this to work.
Also, make sure the files have the correct permissions after they're copied. In my system which is close to default the files need to be owned by www-data and perms should be 0644
Always worked for me

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
The way open source works or has in the past for other projects if you want it make it, don't know how put in effort and learn. Still need help pay someone for help. If its not documented and you think its helpful document it. This was shared for members that are sponsoring the project first through their membership. Continuing Education covers the changes every month. Seeing it was a major issue for people I responded to the issue here in order to help people out in this 3rd party forum. Anyone can help add it to the public documentation. We aren't getting many people helping with documentation.

Here is the public documentation.

Source for the documentation that anyone can update using github.com online you don't even need to know how to use git. Just need a git account.

Could be a friendly discussion on the topic that doesn't project entitlement and demand. Best if there were ideas and constructive suggestions on what could be improved. Current position on this topic was not to delete language files automatically because people could have customized them. Maybe that isn't ideal. I used to not update LUA scripts that already existed as not to overwrite them if they already existed. Changed that position because it meant upgrade were inconvenient and much harder to get right. So Upgrade App Defaults overwrite LUA scripts that exist. Decided the burden for customization needed to be placed on the person customizing the change. This helped with the upgrade dramatically for LUA scripts.

Last edited:

bdmonsey

Jul 23, 2019

Update your language files that contain the phrases. This was shared in FusionPBX Continuing Education in June just after the change was added.

The upgrade -> app defaults that is run by upgrade.php will find the languages files are missing and will add the updated defaults.
Worked for me. Thanks

davidabicidan

May 24, 2019
Montreal

BRAVO, this worked perfectly. I'm running on ver 4.5.28 thank you so much ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.