Vtiger FusionPBX Connector Follow Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escondido

Oct 23, 2019
Has anybody been able to get the connector referenced here to work using vtiger 7.1.0 by any chance? I'm not having much luck so far.

I spent many hours this past week learning as much as I can about FusionPBX and Vtiger because of that post. It's a bit of a learning curve coming from PIAF, FreePBX and Wazo.

I've tested this out on Vtiger 7.1.0 because after MANY failed attempts installing 7.0.1 I gave up with that version''s annoying blank login screen.

These are the steps I've taken so far trying to get the connector to work. Hopefully somebody might be able to shed some light on what I'm missing.

-Download connector file to local desktop from github

-The zip is in the wrong format to import into Vtiger, so the folder structure needs to be changed.

-Unzip connector folder and drill down to vfusion-masterz.zip>vfusion-master>Calls (should see the folders...languages,layouts,modules and manifest.xml file)
-Select all 4 items and create a NEW zip (Calls.zip)

-Import Calls.zip into module management section of Vtiger. (It references Vtiger 7.0.1 and I have no idea if it matters much).

-Using Putty or Winscp (my favorite). Go to /var/www/html/vtigercrm/modules/Calls and make sure owner is www-data and permissions are 0755. Some of the files are 0644, but I'm not sure if it matters or not. I tried every permission level to see what happens.

-Click on Connector Settings at the top. You'll see a bunch of options/fields (listed below)
Fusion Connector settings;
admin login=admin
Admin Access key= use code from MY PREFERENCES
FusionPBX Url= ip address (no idea if http/https or FQDN is needed here-I tried all of them and it didn't work)
FusionPBX Api Key = admin api key (users>admin>generate api key>save (I'm not sure why Admin access is needed because all users can have an api key. Again, I tested every other user level...none of them worked too)

The above steps create a new file in the root directory of VtigerCRM titled, "properties.json." Inside that file will be A LOT of personal information about your vtiger database.

At this point, we are to assume that the outbound click to call/inbound calls should work since we filled out everything and can see the Json file has everything needed.

When you go to Leads, Organizations, Contacts, you'll see a nice Green Button that says CALLS next to any telephone number. Try clicking it because it won't work.

I expected to see an INVITE command or something using fs_cli or sngrep. Clicking the call button doesn't show anything. Perhaps I'm wrong thinking api calls would show up??

Lastly, if you logout and try to log back into the Vtiger account you'll automatically be directed to, "http://ip address here/index.php?module=Calls&action=GetUserPhone&userId=" and see the following error code, "{"success":false,"error":{"code":"Permission to perform the operation is denied","message":"Permission to perform the operation is denied","title":null}}"

I assume that layout will populate with all the calls for a user. Again, I could be wrong. I know there is a Vtiger config file where I can comment that out, I just don't remember where I found it.

I welcome any and all input.

Thanks.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
Code hasn't been updated in two years; though Fusion has been updated daily.
This shouldn't be a surprise but it might take a lot of work to get Vtiger running on the latest Fusion.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I think it was also the case that a user found it exposed the database credentials and so there hasn't been much follow up.

Until FusionPBX gets an open source API, third party apps are dead in the water as its to unstable to code against without an API for general use.

For just a personal project you may want to investigate using FusionPBX commercial API..

Status
Not open for further replies.