Yealink provision for lines and buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Ive got the provision sorted. Well to the point I can point to a url and download the line 1/ extension but I cant for the life of me get the memory and program buttons to work, or to assign anything to line 2 onwards. I haven't tried blf yet but Ive been trying to assign random features. Call pickup, history, etc but nothing appears. At best I can make a program button loose its default label but nothing is assigned to it.

Clicking provision on the FusionPBX button will bring up a provision message on the phone and it will reboot.

Any tips. This is a T42S phone.

Tim

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
If it helps, here is a (slightly altered) screenshot of the device settings for my desktop phone. There are four different extensions registered each on a different domain and there are some line keys programmed.
Screenshot from 2019-11-19 10-00-43.png

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
If it helps, here is a (slightly altered) screenshot of the device settings for my desktop phone. There are four different extensions registered each on a different domain and there are some line keys programmed.

Thanks for the post. So the verticals on a Yealink are Lines, got it.

And the horizontals on a yealink? are programs or memory? And are they 1-4 And then you hit the 5th button the 4th button turns into a more button?

Tim

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
@Adrian Fretwell wondering why you aren't using profiles? Inevitably I find I will need to add another phone, or update multiple phones.
Hi James, I do use profiles on most customer accounts, maintaining all the keys etc. would be a nightmare otherwise, just didn't want to add any confusion here.

Reactions: JamesBorne

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
OK I can see one problem.

The 'Accept Trusted Certificates' keeps re-enabling on the phone.

Confusion. Only accept Trusted Certificates has a yealink cfg configuration of static.security.trust_certificates and that has a value of 0 or 1 however that setting (if it is that setting) in fusioonpbx is yealink_trust_certificates and its a free text, there is a yealink_trust_ctrl which is a 0 or 1 setting.

I have tried both set to 0 but no luck

Other than that, If I keep setting Trusted Certificates to Disabled on the phone then I can modify the Line buttons but I cant do anything with the programming buttons. Anyone use those buttons?

Success on the program buttons, I can program 1-4 but I cant program 5 onwards. I resell another vendors sip solution and they have yealinks. With a t42s on their system if you configure a button 5 then button 4 turns into a 'more' button and you can have buttons 5-7 'more' buttons 9-11. In my hast I assumed that was a yealink by design.

Does limit me a little with t42s. Ill keep trying.

Tim

Last edited:

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
I can program 1-4 but I cant program 5 onwards
This definitely works, so this is a misunderstanding on your part.
Do us a favour and post a picture of what you have done sp we don't have to guess.

The 'Accept Trusted Certificates' keeps re-enabling on the phone.
I'm assuming you are using a self-signed certificate and that's why you need to disable that setting.
You can use Let's Encrypt as their root CA has been accepted on Yealink phones for over a year now.
It's piss easy to automate and included with Fusion scripts.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
a yealink cfg configuration of static.security.trust_certificates and that has a value of 0 or 1 however that setting (if it is that setting) in fusioonpbx is yealink_trust_certificates and its a free text
Yealink_trust_certificates is a text field but requires the string "true" or "false". This gets evaluated to a 0 or 1 in the provision templates y000000000067.cfg file:
Code:
#######################################################################################
##                               Security                                            ##
#######################################################################################
static.phone_setting.reserve_certs_enable =
features.relog_offtime =
static.security.default_ssl_method =
static.security.cn_validation =
static.security.dev_cert =
static.security.ca_cert =
static.security.trust_certificates = {if $yealink_trust_certificates == "false"}0{elseif $yealink_trust_certificates == "true"}1{/if}
static.security.user_password = {$var_name}:{$var_password}
static.security.user_password = {$admin_name}:{$admin_password}
static.security.user_password = {$user_name}:{$user_password}
static.security.user_name.var = {$var_name}
static.security.user_name.admin = {$admin_name}
static.security.user_name.user = {$user_name}
security.tls_cipher_list =

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
OK back again. I now have letsencrypt running on a wildcard so the provision certificates are not an issue.

So to recap, T42S phone with 6 line and 4 program buttons I can allocate lines over the 6 which turns line 6 into a more button which spills over to the second page.

However I can only allocate the first 4 program buttons and by adding a 5th program button I cant get button 4 to turn into a more button.

Now Im only going on the basis that with another carrier I can turn program button 4 into a 'more' button. Maybe I cant?

1575646761031.png

1575646446096.png

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I'm pretty sure you can't do what you want with the soft keys. 1-4 represent the four keys under the LCD display and 5 onwards represent other keys on the phone like up, down, OK and Cancel etc. Here is an example on a T46s. I set key programmable key 12 to dial *9664 on line 1. Key 12 is actually the hold key.
Screenshot from 2019-12-06 17-21-19.png

Once provisioned, this is what the config on the phone looks like:
Screenshot from 2019-12-06 17-21-40.png

TimGuyUK

Feb 28, 2018
Fair point, I didn't think of looking at the phones gui, drrrrr, The other supplier has defo done it, I have phones configured that way but I wouldn't have known that if I hadn't have used them.

The line keys and multi menus is good enough, at least I know not to chase it.

Thanks for your input.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.