Email to fax fusionpbx

Status
Not open for further replies.

midoxi

Dec 7, 2018
hello everyone
i have questions please :
does fusionpbx support ( Email > Fax ) & ( Fax > Email ) ?
how to setup email to fax service both ways in fusionpbx ?
i just installed a fusionpbx on debian 8 (sending fax by gui is ok ) ( i cant recevie fax from outside) whats is missing ?
thank you guys

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
Yes it does support both. You setup email in the advanced section of the fax server setup. There is also a PHP file you must run regularly to check for new emails to fax out. Below is a link to the Fusion Docs on the Fax Server setup but its missing a ton of information right now. There are also a couple posts on the forum here about a few tweaks/etc.

https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/applications/fax_server.html?highlight=fax

The script you need to run to download emails is:
https://[SERVER]/app/fax/fax_emails.php

Reactions: midoxi

midoxi

Dec 7, 2018
Thank you tag915 for your reply
yes i configure the fax server and i can send and receive fax from (gui) and also the fax to mail service by setting smtp configs in defautls but how to setup the email to fax ?

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
Midoxi,

You set email-to-fax up in the advanced section. However you also need to run the script I mentioned previously to process the inbound emails. The script basically downloads the emails from the mail server inbox and processes any that are faxes. You can add this script as a cron job to execute regularly but you can also manually run it by accessing it in your browser for testing. Again the path is:

https://[SERVER]/app/fax/fax_emails.php

Honestly email-to-fax needs some work. Processing the emails doesn't seem to be very efficient. If you have a high volume it will tax the server a bit and takes awhile. We are looking at ways to help with that issue and I know the Fusion development team has the Fax functionality on the list of "need improvements".

With that said though, it does work very well for receiving. We have a server recceving thousands of faxes per day without issue.

Reactions: midoxi

midoxi

Dec 7, 2018
Thank you
it's work for me, but i hope the free switch team work on this point very soon

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
Mark, Do you all have an eta and is there anything specific you need help with? I know it currently works but very poorly and it can't handle any actual volume. I would be interested in helping and/or possibly sponsoring it?

Baptiste

Mar 17, 2020
Which free fax service are you currently using? Can you help me choosing a good one? Thanks!

Baptiste

Mar 17, 2020
Guys, I would like to let you know which I found from online. I hope I can send and receive fax online using cocofax like this one. This one is for free. I'm going to try it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.