Grandstream 2170 admin password not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

roney_ewu

Jun 7, 2020
Hi guys, I am facing issues with auto provisioning Grandstream phones using fusion .when i provision the device with the server it works fine .but after provision my admin pass not working anymore.I set a password from Default settings of the system .but that password also not working .Can someone enlight me about this issue?

Attachments

• fusionprovision.png
    fusionprovision.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 15

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
My first guess is you may not have reloaded default settings after setting a password and the phone might have set the MAC address as the password.
Try downloading the device's xml file and verify what is listed as the password.
1602767969809.png
Click on "Files" on the device page for phone in question. Once you select the <mac>.xml file it should prompt for the same credentials the phone uses for provisioning. Once downloaded search the xml file for "<P2>"

Reactions: JoyceBabu

roney_ewu

Jun 7, 2020
Hi thanks for ur reply .i resolved that .but now i am having issue with configuring Virtual multi purpose key from fusion server.I configured the Key in fusion but its not taking any effect on the device.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 4.13.02 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-15 at 4.13.02 PM.png
    45 KB · Views: 8

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I mentioned in your other post, Key 1 is usually reserved for the active account. (typically account 1)
Key 2 and up work fine for other features.

JoyceBabu

Jun 7, 2022
In case anyone else is having this issue, the variable `admin_password` must be set to your desired password. If the variable is not set, then the password will default to the mac address as @ad5ou mentioned.

You can set the variable domain wide or set it per device under the settings section of the device configuration page.

Status
Not open for further replies.