Guide to configure FusionPBX with ASTPP

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Asterisk is just for the class 5 stuff, it will use kamailio and rtp engine for class 4.

Comextel

Aug 8, 2019
ASTPP enterprise, have very nice good protection for fraud and alarm. but the probleme, i can't make a trunk with Fusion :-/

shaunmofoking

Apr 19, 2020
Hi All, Just needed some insight.. anybody running ASTPP with FusionPBX in the cloud only? Anybody running it this way and what do you add for security?

shaunmofoking

Apr 19, 2020
Hello,

I'm new in FusionPBX/Freeswitch and would like to integrate ASTPP for billing.
Does anyone had configured ASTPP as a gateway which could be the Trunk for FusionPBX?

ASTPP - Holds the VOIP Carriers and acts as a gateway Trunk (SIP/IP Auth/AIX2) and forward to the carrier to be log and billed.
FusionPBX - Act as a normal PBX (inbound and outbound would be routed over the SIP/IP/AIX2 if any for local trunking)

The design is attached below.

Kindly give me inputs and idea if this is doable.

Regards,
PogingBagsik

shaunmofoking

Apr 19, 2020
Hi Sir,

Like your diagram I want implement the same design but not sure how secure this is though. We need assistance from this group to confirm if anyone has done this solution and if so what are the current concerns/issues...

ccts

Jul 31, 2019
IVOZ sounds promising...Still seems like it's in early development stages, but I'm downloading the ISO nevertheless. Daz, what about us post paid guys? Do you think it's best to run iVoz or ASTPP/FUSION? Seems like I can run all these services on the same box with IVOZ, is that correct?

Comextel

Aug 8, 2019
I have paid ... and i'm disapointed ( multi-tenant) i use ASTPP only for SBC / Paiement gateway ... if not i have bug each days .. and fews option don'T work correctly ... but with SBC / Gateway paiement work very fine FusionPBX / FreePBX

pogingbagsik

Jul 10, 2019
Hi Sir,

Like your diagram I want implement the same design but not sure how secure this is though. We need assistance from this group to confirm if anyone has done this solution and if so what are the current concerns/issues...

Yes shaun, managed to get this up and running under production using community license for ASTPP.
However there are some issues needs to overcome like creating a unique pattern and to match it with the billing.

pogingbagsik

Jul 10, 2019
I have paid ... and i'm disapointed ( multi-tenant) i use ASTPP only for SBC / Paiement gateway ... if not i have bug each days .. and fews option don'T work correctly ... but with SBC / Gateway paiement work very fine FusionPBX / FreePBX

I too experience bugs over ASTPP community (Billing suddenly not generating & DID missing), have you tried the enterprise license?
Was thinking to utilize their risk free trial but time is not enough for the moment, probably looking forward to the next version to migrate if it resolves the issue.

Comextel

Aug 8, 2019
I too experience bugs over ASTPP community (Billing suddenly not generating & DID missing), have you tried the enterprise license?
Was thinking to utilize their risk free trial but time is not enough for the moment, probably looking forward to the next version to migrate if it resolves the issue.
I have paid 5000$ USD for enterprise ...

greekfire

Oct 14, 2020
Hi all , I m new to this, Thanks for accept.
I have setup Astpp and FusionPbx , inbound calls working fine , outgoing calls i get origination rates not found ,
when i register a device directly to astpp working fine rates works fine ,
any ideas?? Thanks

smn

Jul 18, 2017
anybody else tested IVOZ provider? I would actually prefer ASTPP with FusionPBX seems like a good solution to run but seems not alot of guys is running it this way in Production
I don't think there is much development going on with ASTPP. The code is really old and there is not a lot of good documentation for it. I think it is still using an old obsolete version of CodeIgniter PHP framework with who knows how many unpatched security holes.

IVOZ and ASTPP are designed for different things but there is lots of overlap. ASTPP is designed primarily as a standalone billing solution but it has some PBX features. IVOZ is designed more as a multitenant multiserver PBX system with billing added on but it may not have all the billing features ASTPP has. The biggest difference is that IVOZ uses asterisk and ASTPP uses FreeSwitch as their voip engines. Most people are more familiar with Asterisk and find it easier to work with than FreeSwitch so that's a big consideration.

My biggest problem with ASTPP is the intentional lack of documentation because they are trying to monetize the support aspect. That also makes them hesitant to answer questions on their google groups forum or always responding with "pay for support", or something to that effect, as an answer.

Last edited:

bcmike

Jun 7, 2018
So I'm guessing you just want to know how to send a DID to your fusion box.

I have two profiles set up on the ASTPP box, one internal and one external. My internal sends traffic to my Fusion boxes on an internal non routable subnet, lets call it 192.168.0/24 with my fusion box being at 192.168.1.100. You may just have one public profile but this is how I do it.

Create or edit a DID under "DID Setting" in the "Call Type" field choose: "Other", and then in the destination field enter: sofia/internal/[DID THAT YOU WANT TO SEND]@192.168.1.100:5060 . Coincidentally you can translate the DID to anything you want in that field.

If you just have public profiles between the two boxes change the IP and "sofia/internal" to whatever your profile is.

telemaco

Aug 6, 2020
I am testing IVOZ
anybody else tested IVOZ provider? I would actually prefer ASTPP with FusionPBX seems like a good solution to run but seems not alot of guys is running it this way in Production
I am testing an iVOZprovider server now (last stable version "artermis" on a Debian9. They are working on a new version "halliday 3.x" by now), and seems good, many usable features, Fax and Virtual PBX integrated under same portal, Different Levels of Role/Credentials (which is great for my needs).

I'm still testing it, and so far, I found that it does not include Billing for Incoming calls. I guess they mentioned it in their documentation, there is a separate billing module for incoming calls, not included in the opensource version of iVOZprovider: https://irontec.github.io/ivozprovi...al/client/vpbx/ddis.html?highlight=tarificate

Another thing (I eventually will need to pay for some development/customization) is the availability to assign "FREE MINUTES" packages.
(Feature request: https://github.com/irontec/ivozprovider/issues/1406 )

Again, it's an Open Source project, so it's not "One Size fits all", but seems very promising, specially with the many features integrated, all under one portal, one installation, one DISTRO.

Last edited:

amals257

Apr 6, 2020
Hi Please follow below steps:

FusionPBX in server A, ASTPP in server B
Create a SIP device in ASTPP
Register that ASTPP SIP device as a gateway in FusionPBX
Select that gateway as outbound route in fusionPBX
Check ODBC connections to Mysql from ASTPP server
Configure ASTPP properly with rates for origination and termination.
Create an extension in fusionPBX, dial a call and it will terminate through astpp after billing if ASTPP configuration is correct.

Thanks,
Amal

vanch

Feb 22, 2021
Hi Please follow below steps:

FusionPBX in server A, ASTPP in server B
Create a SIP device in ASTPP
Register that ASTPP SIP device as a gateway in FusionPBX
Select that gateway as outbound route in fusionPBX
Check ODBC connections to Mysql from ASTPP server
Configure ASTPP properly with rates for origination and termination.
Create an extension in fusionPBX, dial a call and it will terminate through astpp after billing if ASTPP configuration is correct.

Thanks,
Amal
HI Anal. thank for this guide.

We registered gateway on FS as device configured on ASTPP, it working fine. But how to separate bill/quotation for each extension on FS.
Do we need to create multiple gateway for each extension on FS and set mutiple routing for each to ASTPP? if do like that will complex for routing, have and solution like billing base CallerID ( i have tried to set callerid and trust ip on ASTPP but it ignor callerid and charge only base on IP of FS)
Could you or someone please advice?

Regards
Van.

dbz195

Feb 3, 2021
I'm looking for someone who can help me integrate astpp with fusionpbx.

Let me know your price in DM.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.