Ring Group Strategy: Rollover - Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
Hi Everyone, I've looked in the official doco but can't seem to find the exact answer for the below:

• Rollover Calls destinations in sequence and skips busy destinations.
Now we all know that if you chose 'sequence' it will Calls destinations in sequence where order that is lower goes first.

My question:- If I chose roll-over with 3 extensions in my Ring Group but leave all 3 at the same order '0' should they all ring at the same time? Because none of them are lower priority than the other 2. When I tested this theory it seemed to ONLY ring the first extension in my list even though they all had same priority.

I basically want it to ignore busy agents while still ringing all other extension that are not busy at the same time. If I chose 'Simultaneous' and one of the end points have call waiting or DND on will that treat the inbound call as a whole to be "Busy" and ignore all 3 extensions just because 1 single agent has call waiting disabled? Any advise is appreciated.

JamesBorne

Jan 24, 2019
Australia
leave all 3 at the same order '0' should they all ring at the same time
I wouldn't make the assumption this statement is correct.

A better question would be:
How can I use a ring group while ignoring DND and Follow me?

Personally, I just tell off key users in a ring group who use DND.

Methodz86

Apr 6, 2019
I wouldn't make the assumption this statement is correct.

A better question would be:
How can I use a ring group while ignoring DND and Follow me?

Personally, I just tell off key users in a ring group who use DND.

Thanks James, I appreciate your input however that does not help me much. I can't just "tell my customers off" for using DND

topogigio

Jun 17, 2019
"I basically want it to ignore busy agents while still ringing all other extension that are not busy at the same time"
same requirements, and ring groups work really bad.

For example, if first destination is not connected, it goes to timeout destination and not ring other destinations.

puneet936

Jul 14, 2019
Hello,
I tried all option i am also facing similar issue with ringgroup if i have 4 lines 1st lines is unregistered it wont ring on other 3 lines... another issue with simultaneous ring group is i have 4 lines in my single phone if i put all lines in ring group it is all ringing sametime and if they dont pickup it is showing 4 missed call... so my question is very simple if we have 4 lines in ringgroup how can we skip bussy or unregistered extension and ring to next one...

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
This is currently not possible with Ring Groups. Ring Group Rollover is fully dependent on the phone returning a busy in order to roll over.

topogigio

Jun 17, 2019
It seems quite clear this.
The problem is that it seems does not exist any way to distribute calls to a groups of extensions skipping extensions not connected to the PBX, and also avoiding that every user may manually login to the PBX (as queues require). Nor ring groups and queues allow to perform this basic scenario.

My opinion this is a really basic requirement, and not finding a way to solve it is really frustrating for me.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
I didn't say it was impossible with FusionPBX but I did say it doesn't work with ring groups unless the endpoint returns a busy singal. If you want to figure it out on your own here is a link to FreeSWITCH documentation https://freeswitch.org/confluence/.

If all companies that made money from FusionPBX signed up as members we would have more resources to get more things done at a faster pace. In return this would increase the value for everyone using it. We are doing what we can and have made numerous features that are making many companies money. If you want to complain it is within your right to do so. If you want to help make it possible support us so we can support you. https://www.fusionpbx.com/members

legolas108

Dec 11, 2019
Winter, WI
www.wintergreenhouse.com
We just tried the "Enterprise" ring group strategy and set the destinations with time offsets like this:
Code:
Destination    Delay    Timeout
101            0        10
102            10       10
103            20       10

which emulates the "Rollover" strategy but shouldn't have a problem e.g. with an unregistered extension as it works with individual threads.

HTH

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
This style of rollover does work but it doesn't skip destinations that are busy.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I agree - enterprise is not working. When calling an ext directly it WILL ring the ext and the follow me list. But when that same ext is part of a ring group, it is only ringing the ext,not the follow me

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
I agree - enterprise is not working. When calling an ext directly it WILL ring the ext and the follow me list. But when that same ext is part of a ring group, it is only ringing the ext,not the follow me
On master branch (4.5), there is a “follow me” option. If set to “true” and using “Enterprise” they will ring through to follow me destinations

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I am on 4.5.11 , set to true, enterprise. Does not work. Where are you setting the follow me option to true at? I see it in default settings

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
In ring group edit page between “user list” and “missed call”

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I never saw that option until you brought it to my attention. Now it works like a charm. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.