softphone recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidShaw

Jan 26, 2021
I find GSWave often loses registration so for free I use Zoiper, otherwise Bria.
Thanks Daz! i have experienced the same with GSW, on IOS it will not register if the app is closed and not in application tray, even if in the tray it still has reg problems. I have used zopier on other systems before and will give it a try. I see Bria you can provision from their online portal which seems useful for control, any advise between the two?

arroinie

Sep 18, 2020
Ireland
ringotel.co
Thanks Daz! i have experienced the same with GSW, on IOS it will not register if the app is closed and not in application tray, even if in the tray it still has reg problems. I have used zopier on other systems before and will give it a try. I see Bria you can provision from their online portal which seems useful for control, any advise between the two?
Hi David,
You should check out Ringotel as it also has a provisioning portal, but it is much easier to use and only provides the functionality you need. Also, applications are more sophisticated, and additional features are often added to them. I've recorded a quick overview of how it works:

Bifur

Sep 13, 2020
Groundwire for me. Well worth 9 dollars or whatever it is now. No battery drain at all. I wish you could pay a little more and white label it!

Skeelkat

Jun 26, 2020
Nobody using MicroSIP? I find it to be the best free softphone out there. 8MB in size, no memory footprint to speak off and supports a boatload of codecs.

arroinie

Sep 18, 2020
Ireland
ringotel.co
I have never actually visited their website. I have just purchased the app via the play store. $459/month Is definitely a lot more!
That is just a fraction of the cost you would pay for their white-label service. Add another $458/month if you need a desktop app. Plus one-off cost of around $7000 and a price of $0.8 per user/month...and you will have a white-labeled app that you wish ;) And, of course, contact sync and cloud provisioning you'll need to do on your own.

Reactions: Bifur
Jan 9, 2018
That is just a fraction of the cost you would pay for their white-label service. Add another $458/month if you need a desktop app. Plus one-off cost of around $7000 and a price of $0.8 per user/month...and you will have a white-labeled app that you wish ;) And, of course, contact sync and cloud provisioning you'll need to do on your own.
Just FYI, it looks like the $459/month and so on pricing is for if you need the entire package of white label benefits. They let you customize your package, and I suspect that most people will be able to get by with half or less of what they are including in that price. That's not to say that we've made the investment yet, but maybe it's not quite as bad as you are describing.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
It’s pretty bad for even the initial setup. With the way Apple and Google like to break things in OS updates, the continuing development/app updates are almost a must.

Session talk is a cheaper alternative to the white label Groundwire but both cost more than could be justified for my current user base.

arroinie

Sep 18, 2020
Ireland
ringotel.co
Just FYI, it looks like the $459/month and so on pricing is for if you need the entire package of white label benefits. They let you customize your package, and I suspect that most people will be able to get by with half or less of what they are including in that price. That's not to say that we've made the investment yet, but maybe it's not quite as bad as you are describing.
Thanks for your remark. However, I'm not their representative, maybe their staff can provide more accurate information on this. That was based on the info available on their platform and the White-label package.

Jan 9, 2018
Thanks for your remark. However, I'm not their representative, maybe their staff can provide more accurate information on this. That was based on the info available on their platform and the White-label package.
Yes, I was confused about that as well. As I said, we haven't actually signed up for it, but we did start the process, to check it out, and that's where we found out their approach is that you can opt for only pieces of it. Even though it is a lower price than the $459/month, as @ad5ou said, it still exceeds what we can justify for our user base.

arroinie

Sep 18, 2020
Ireland
ringotel.co
Yes, I was confused about that as well. As I said, we haven't actually signed up for it, but we did start the process, to check it out, and that's where we found out their approach is that you can opt for only pieces of it. Even though it is a lower price than the $459/month, as @ad5ou said, it still exceeds what we can justify for our user base.
I see, but it won't be a "white-label" app, as it is not much you can "uncheck" in that package. Isn't it?

Jan 9, 2018
I see, but it won't be a "white-label" app, as it is not much you can "uncheck" in that package. Isn't it?
I was estimating the cost at about half of the $459/month price, so yeah, quite a bit--and a fraction of that setup fee. Your mileage may vary, of course. A lot of the higher setup costs are for things like professional design and marketing. There are a couple of dozen different package options. The majority, we wouldn't need. This makes their pricing a bit misleading, though I have to give them props for giving out the highest price and not lowballing it as a bait-n-switch.

If you are at all interested, I'd recommend signing up for a free account and looking over the package options. (And no, I don't work for them.)

arroinie

Sep 18, 2020
Ireland
ringotel.co
Link please , lookin for Branded one for Andoid and IOS
Hi Castro,
Have a look at Ringotel (https://ringotel.co), an all-in-one solution for painless softphone deployment and management. It provides modern mobile and desktop apps that could be branded with your logo and published under your orgniazation's account in App Store and Play Store. I've made a quick overview of how it works:

Hope you'll enjoy it

Jul 15, 2021
Sipnetic, sessiontalk, Calls (Not suitable if you are behind NAT, works well otherwise),PortSIP (the app doesn't strip spaces on the numbers, call fails if your phone stores numbers with spaces), Zoiper free (If you are happy with not having Opus)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.