softphone recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

flagman

Dec 1, 2020
Hi Castro,
Have a look at Ringotel (https://ringotel.co), an all-in-one solution for painless softphone deployment and management. It provides modern mobile and desktop apps that could be branded with your logo and published under your orgniazation's account in App Store and Play Store. I've made a quick overview of how it works:

Hope you'll enjoy it
Hi Arroinie,
Are the text messages synced between the softphone and desktop app? Or let's say if you change your cellphone and install Ringotel on a new phone, are the history of messages will be downloaded on the new phone as well?

cp6183

Oct 29, 2019
One of my pet hates is companies that say "Contact us for Pricing".

Why do we need to do that?

From experience, it just tells me that if you put it on the page the pricing would put us off.
From speaking with many CEO's they like to stay ahead of the competition. Keeping their pricing from being beat, and filter out certain potential customer. Essentially the game in my opinion is def saturated. However, to an extent, I do believe, the "Call for Pricing" has a keep away effect.

Reactions: flagman

volkswagner

Nov 18, 2020
I know this is a kind of old thread but I've been testing out Sessiontalk SIP Softphone on iOS.
It's only been a day or so but it rings everytime I call it (even on cellular). I paid the one time
$4.99 for "Push & Business" upgrades. I don't know how kind it is to the battery yet, nor do
I know if Push will save any battery.

Check it out.

arroinie

Sep 18, 2020
Ireland
ringotel.co
Hi Arroinie,
Are the text messages synced between the softphone and desktop app? Or let's say if you change your cellphone and install Ringotel on a new phone, are the history of messages will be downloaded on the new phone as well?
That's correct. The messages, call history and recordings, contacts, all sync between the user's devices (mobile or desktop). When installing the Ringotel app on a new device, these will also be synced after they log in.

Xtc_Voip

Jul 28, 2021
We have also kicked the tires with the SessionTalk, the other two top paid for players.

Dollars vs features, SessionTalk seems to work for our customers needs. Basic enterprise features and it just simply works !

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
Honestly Bria has been a godsend. For those here who sell VoIP as a service, I can't recommend it enough. I have the enterprise setup so I configure/manage everything for my customers and I just give them a username/password and its all setup for them and they can use it on any four devices they want.

If you don't have the budget or minimum requirements, hit me up and I can work out something where u can piggy back of my account (for a small profit of course).

I pay $3.60 a seat, so give me $4.50 a seat and ill go ahead and get you all squared away but honestly it wasn't that hard to setup an enterprise account as long as you meet the min seats

Inteleweb

Jul 13, 2020
I insist on something that uses Push Registration.
A few options are:
Zoiper
Bria
Groundwire/Acrobits

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
I've primarily been using Bria Enterprise for all our clients but have recently been testing Ringotel more seriously and it's got some very good features that even Bria Enterprise doesn't support. The two big ones for me are:

* Have a single corporate directory sync'd across the softphone and Yealink handsets.
* Ability to cloud provision buttons like Call Flow control, Call Park, Agent login/out. You can't do that with Bria Enterprise, the end users need to add them manually which can be a support nightmare.

Scubadave112

Jan 24, 2020
I've primarily been using Bria Enterprise for all our clients but have recently been testing Ringotel more seriously and it's got some very good features that even Bria Enterprise doesn't support. The two big ones for me are:

* Have a single corporate directory sync'd across the softphone and Yealink handsets.
* Ability to cloud provision buttons like Call Flow control, Call Park, Agent login/out. You can't do that with Bria Enterprise, the end users need to add them manually which can be a support nightmare.
So Bria enterprise has a centralized directory as well but it is the mid tier plan I believe. For me Ringotel is just amazing support, very affordable and 100x more intuitive. I’m using their beta integrations now and their sms is very solid and I’m pushing it out to 10 customers tomorrow to for testing.

put a gun to my head and force me to say 1 negative thing: I will say their client side apps are a little off in regard to buttons, labels, placement of stuff, Color and just all around interface appearance but it is intuitive enough to easily teach any of my customers, but it deff looks like the front end design for the client apps is not the highest priority, which os totally fine. It is very functional and I’d rather them focus on their beta integrations, functionality and stability then later they can put a prettier bow on it, but for now it is still very easy to use and reliable

gflow

Aug 25, 2019
Bria Enterprise has a central directory but that's just for Bria it doesn't sync with Yealink handsets. Ringotel has a feature where you can add a directory to your softphone but it's also in Yealink XML format so you have a single directory sync'd over the handsets and softphone's which is pretty cool.

Support is VERY good, I'm pretty sure they never sleep.

On the looks side I agree and even emailed them about it but they advised if we whitelabel (which is very reasonably priced) we can pick all the colours. The softphone for the mobile device I think is really good, the desktop softphone needs a bit of work but still usable and feature rich.

I'd be keen to hear more about your experiences with your Ringotel rollout.

It would be great if there was a Ringotel QR code app for FusionPBX like Zoiper and Sessiontalk. @arroinie any plans for that on the roadmap?

Status
Not open for further replies.