Agent status & BLF

Hi guys,

Testing Call Center Queues with agents for the first time; going well so far and queues are all working and agents log in/log out fine.

What we're now trying to achieve is to use one of the buttons on the Yealink's to show the anget's queue status (available / not available) using BLF.

We already have a button set-up that logs an agent in an out; we'd like to use that same button for agent queue status/BLF. If that's not possible, we can use another key for BLF/status (we have sidecars for each phone, so plently of spare keys).

Is it possible to use BLF for agent status within a call center queue? Has anyone attempted / succeeded with this and can offer any pointers?

cheers

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
I have definitely done this, cannot remember how but I definitely had BLF, and still do at one of my clients, if I remember rightly though I could not do it on a single button, I think I had top button showing status and bottom button doing the actual login/out.

Yeah I got the button that does login / out via DTMF tone and adds a pause then inputs password. Not very sleek but does the job. Seems too messy adding a different button just for the BLF though, I'd probably prefer a web app?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Can't remember what I did, just looked at the lua that sets it, its this:
Code:
                --set presence in - turn lamp on
                        if (action == "login") then
                                event = freeswitch.Event("PRESENCE_IN");
                                event:addHeader("proto", "sip");
                                event:addHeader("login", agent_name.."@"..domain_name);
                                event:addHeader("from", agent_name.."@"..domain_name);
                                event:addHeader("status", "Active (1 waiting)");
                                event:addHeader("rpid", "unknown");
                                event:addHeader("event_type", "presence");
                                event:addHeader("alt_event_type", "dialog");
                                event:addHeader("event_count", "1");
                                event:addHeader("unique-id", agent_uuid);
                                event:addHeader("Presence-Call-Direction", "outbound");
                                event:addHeader("answer-state", "confirmed");
                                event:fire();
                        end
So that looks like you would be subscribing to agent_name@domain_name

Thanks Daz, you are a legend. The only issue I had was the agent name was the same as the extension number so it was not working correctly.

Once I changed the agent name to something different, then set up the BLF with agent_name@domain_name it works a treat.

I managed to get them to turn on with above method but they only show logged in for a few minutes then go off, they will come back on when the user logs off and back on again.
I'm using version 4.4.3

For status change with a single button you have to add a rule in your dialplan.

1543412965387.png
As agent name i have jvs[ext] so BLF is working on this but when you press the BLF it send jvs[ext] to fusionpbx.
With the above dialplan rule i catch this and fusionpbx is changing the status.

Attached Files:

Last edited:
Thanks Robert. When you say "As agent name I have jvs[ext]", what do you mean by that? Is that what you call the agent, or something else? What do you program on the phone's button to make this work? Do you also have to update the dialplan in the phone? (using gransdstream here)... Thanks!